Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Kidd 2-D Platforming Fun

Alex Kidd 2-D Platforming Fun

Alex Kidd on the SMS was an amazing and inovative game. The secret castle and ending puzzle was genius. I loved racing on the motercycle, but I preffered using my power ring to destroy the motorcycle level.

I even liked Alex Kidd in High Tech World funny including praying countless times.

Alex Kidd and The Lost Stars was my least favorite.

Alex Kidd In Shinobi World never got to play. The Genesis one all I gotta say is Rock,Paper,scissors.

SEGA how bout an Alex Kidd compilation with updated graphics, art,interviews?

Korian

Miracle World - The best game in the series. It's no Super Mario Bros but what 8-bit mascot-style platform game is?

The Lost Stars - A great port of a shit arcade game.

High-Tech World - A conversion from a TV show game (ala Doki Doki Panic) which explains its weirdness and why it feels out of place in the series. An enjoyable and highly original experience.

Enchanted Castle - Miracle's true sequel but not quite as good as the original.

Shinobi World - I love this game but it's way too short and easy. If it was a lot longer it could have been a classic.

3. I have only played (and I own) Enchanted Castle. Its a very fun game, but the whole Paper, Rock, Scissors thing is kind of dumb if you ask me. But other than that its very fun game. I really like the graphics, I prefered Segas earlier works, before they tried to get too technical with the Genesis and made everything look sloppy. I would really like to play the others, has anyone played the BMX one? I belive its import only, it looks really neat. Also can you play Japanese Master System (Its called Mark III in Japan correct?) games on a U.S. system?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

I played Alex Kidd BMX on emulator a long time ago. I can't say I remember it very well.

I don't think you can play Mark III games on an SMS but I could be wrong. I think the cartridge size might be different. There's not a whole lot to import from Japan that didn't come out here anyway.

5. Probably, just curious is all. There is a way to play European games on a U.S. SMS correct? My freind had his set so there was blue bars on the top and bottom for a long time becuse he had no idea that they were not supposed to be there, but isn't that used for UK games?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

From what I hear, most UK games run perfect without any alteration. I plan on getting Power Strike 2 and Sonic Chaos eventually.

Here's a pic of the Mark III. I want one.

7. Wow, that is really sweet looking. The Mark III is just plain gorgeous. I love that type of design, The 80's vision of the future design. The SMS has that same type of design, but it does not look nearly as good as that Mark III.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Yes, the Mark III is a very nice looking piece of hardware. I think Sega should have differentiated it more from the Mark II though. The Mark III is much higher technology than the previous machines in the SG-1000 product line.

9. Alex Kidd in High Tech World is based on the Japanese game Anmitsu Hime. I was disappointed that they put Alex in the wrong game that time.

Lost Stars is OK, but I wish Sega would have made it more of a sequel to Miracle World. At least they did a decent arcade port, albeit with a lower level of difficulty (You better have a king's ransom in quarters on hand if you are trying to finish that version).

As much as I love the design of the original US SMS, the Mark III's is better still. My only knock is that it looks too close to the SG-1000's casing.

Anmitsu Hime looks pretty nice from the pics I've seen. I wonder how much of the game is different. I'm sure there isn't the "Sega Quiz" that Alex takes.