Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting together group order for Sanwa parts *updated*

1. Putting together group order for Sanwa parts *updated*

I was thinking about putting a group order together for some sanwa sticks and buttons. Shipping overseas ain't cheap, so I wanted to see if anyone else is interested.

http://www.excellentcom.net/parts.htm
    I have heard from numerous people that they are reliable (shmups forum, vf forum, shoryuken, etc.) and they have really good prices. Only problem is that shipping is expensive.

Sticks are 10 bucks each, and buttons are $1 each (purchased by the tens). Thats the best price i've been able to find on the internet.

2. I would be willing to go in. Do you accept paypal and would you be taking care of the ordering? Also, when do you plan on making the order?

LMK, but please do NOT PM me, I never check it.

Hmm...I may be interested in this.

I don't suppose you have any idea if you could fit one of those sticks in a Pelican Real Arcade do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Hmm...I may be interested in this.

I don't suppose you have any idea if you could fit one of those sticks in a Pelican Real Arcade do you?
    More than likely, although it may involve some intuitive wireing. If you look on the stick the output is based on those 5 prongs. You have Up, Down, Left, Right and Ground and you would have to make it work. I plan on putting one in my Pelican as well as new buttons in my Capcom 25" cab.

5. ...

Good idea -- trying to go through Sanwa is a bitch and so using Arcade Infinity.

I also recommend Ultimarc for the sticks anyway -- decent prices and shipping isn't too bad out of the UK.

BTW -- I do have a Sanwa Battop Jap stick for sale if anyone is interested. I can post pictures. Bat top is a lot looser than the standard ball top Sanwa. It has looseness compared to the agetec or namco. I prefer the ball tops because they have a tighter spring.

These Sanwa sticks are great for replacing the agetec or namco sticks or for building your own.

Make sure to hit me up if interested in the stick -- I can send pictures. It was used primarily for a couple months on GGXX. But it didn't work as well for me as my american competition sticks so I swapped it out.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

6. sorry for not replying sooner, but I was out of town.

I got an email from "Fannie" at excellentcom with a rough estimate on shipping for a whole lot of stuff is around 45. I have no problem actually ordering the stuff- was going to do it anyways.

I don't know how you guys want to do this, but I do have a paypal account. I live in Iowa City in case you guys are wondering about shipping from me to wherever you are located. Actually, it might make more sense to get it shipped to someone else if they have a location to ship from that is more economical for everyone.

Does ultimarc have better prices? Are they reliable?

I'm actually interested in the bat style sanwa stick.

In case anyone was wondering I have a lot of positive feedback on ebay (username salamz).

7. Ultimarc does not have better prices technically. They are in the UK so shiping is still expensive. They only have the microswitch version of the stick (ball and bat top) and NO buttons. The thing is there really are no other places that sell these things.

I cannot tell you the ammount of times that I have debated about just getting a huge freaking order of Sanwa sticks to sell them in the US...

As far as not having paypal, how do you propose that we do payment? If you use USPS priority mail to ship stuff from your house, even with like 4 sticks and 20 buttons, I would be supprised if shiping cost over $10.

If you email them again, can you check to see if they supply the harnes with the sticks? They look like this

8. I'd be down with this, but I'm not sure if they'll mount in my super neo 29" type. They look like they'll attach to the metal top plate that links to the control panel. Anyone know for sure? For these prices, I'll risk it just to strip them for parts. Put me down for 2 sticks. When the order comes through, I'll paypal you (no fees from my account).

BTW, I replaced my sanwa buttons with happ competiton buttons and they're about the same size and quality (but a little more clicky). That's an option for any people just looking for buttons...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tonic the Drunkhog
    sorry for not replying sooner, but I was out of town.

I got an email from "Fannie" at excellentcom with a rough estimate on shipping for a whole lot of stuff is around 45. I have no problem actually ordering the stuff- was going to do it anyways.

I don't know how you guys want to do this, but I do have a paypal account. I live in Iowa City in case you guys are wondering about shipping from me to wherever you are located. Actually, it might make more sense to get it shipped to someone else if they have a location to ship from that is more economical for everyone.

Does ultimarc have better prices? Are they reliable?

I'm actually interested in the bat style sanwa stick.

In case anyone was wondering I have a lot of positive feedback on ebay (username salamz).
    Ultimarc is decent, but shipping was 15 bucks on a 2 stick order + they don't have the buttons.

Don't forget I have the Sanwa bat top if you want to just buy mine, I'm gonna put up an auction thread next week, so I'll be adding picks then.

Also, not sure if this helps, but Sanwa sticks have the same size mounting bracket as U.S. sticks -- so for instance I was able to remove the Sanwa Bat and put in a Comp stick -- but there is a difference with shaft length, but I honestly can't see why a Sanwa wouldn't fit in your cab.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

10. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    Also, not sure if this helps, but Sanwa sticks have the same size mounting bracket as U.S. sticks -- so for instance I was able to remove the Sanwa Bat and put in a Comp stick -- but there is a difference with shaft length, but I honestly can't see why a Sanwa wouldn't fit in your cab.
    Well, my cab is japanese, but the back of the control panel doesn't seem as simple as some of the others I've seen. Mine has a metal bracket that the joystick has to attach to, so its really important that I get the right replacement. I've heard some people say they couldn't mount the ultimarcs right in this particular cab. American sticks are absolutely huge compared to the sticks currently in my cab (much deeper and the base is a lot wider), so I'm really hoping to get some new japanese ones that fit.