Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8101112

Thread: Cheap Dreamcast?

1. Quote Originally Posted by JMET
    The only thing ive done is to call Kano the dumb ass that he is, outside of that ive asked Diff some questions to simply understand how his gaming mind works.

I figure its best to try to understand how he thinks or what he likes instead of trying to convince him why he should like certain things.
    Yea, and I got no problem with that.

2. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    See, I could go along with you until you got to the N64 thing. The N64 is like the Family Matters of gaming - it hung around far too long, and was never really funny in the first place. It rode the SNES' coattails like a Ringo Starr solo album except with worse sound.

Now, as I say that I know I'll get people jumping in with "Mario 64 is the greatest game ever made!" and "Goldeneye is better that every FPS ever put together with a special all-nude guest appearance by Beyonce" and "stop it you heartless bastard, I can hear Pikachu crying from inside my Smash Bros. cart!"

But I pay little heed, for the above are the laments of the mad raging at the heavens for the inauspicious times they live in. The N64 was a doorstop. A doorstop that played 6 good games which are now redundant.

One may well have had fun with their N64. This is entirely possible, because I know I myself have gotten years of mileage out of a cardboard box and a flyer for a star studded celebrity impersonator cabaret. But that doesn't mean that fun applies to anyone outside my own mind in any meaningful way. Believe me, I've done my research here - bringing it up isn't quite the great first-date icebreaker you might imagine.

Maybe you could argue that it's the best boring-token-collecting-cartridge-based-platformer system of all time, but that's a little like saying Full House was the best sitcom to ever feature an asexual live-in comedian uncle who's good with kids. In fact, it's a lot like saying that, and to this day mentioning either is grounds for castration in many third-world nations.

So, yeah. The DC is totally better than the N64.

And for God's sake, much like your childhood pet or Pamela Anderson's vagina, your system is still dead even if you keep playing with it.
    Very "Dennis Miller"-ish, but true.

3. OMG, I'm now re-reading that whole post, imagining Dennis Miller using it for one of his rants. It works perfectly.

4. This thread is not about deals and has completely diverged. Out of Blue Light and into gaming discussion

5. on-topic, i just picked one up from GS for a friend for $20... it had this huge ugly red devil sticker on it which i had to scrub off, but otherwise it was all good.