Thread: NGC Puzzle Bobble All-Stars or Bust-A-Move 3000

1. NGC Puzzle Bobble All-Stars or Bust-A-Move 3000

Since getting a Gamecube for Christmas, I've been looking at a bunch of party/puzzle games for the wife. One of the games I've been searching for was Bust-A-Move 3000 and I have finally found it at a local Toys 'R Us. However, during my research on the game I discovered that it's actually a port of Super Bust-A-Move on the PS2 and that it's only 1-2 player friendly. When I looked up Puzzle Bobble All-stars, I discovered screen shots where 4 players were playing simultaneously.

Is the info above correct? Are these 2 games the same or different games? If they are different, which is the better game? What is the meaning of life?

I'm already leaning towards All-Stars, but I'd like to hear from you all before I do anything stupid.

2. I completely overlooked the existence of GCN PB games. However, GameFAQs seems to indicate that they're the same game, if that helps.

3. I can't speak to either title, really, but Super Bust-a-Move was terrible. Give it and any of its ports a wide berth.

4. Quote Originally Posted by skelly
    I completely overlooked the existence of GCN PB games. However, GameFAQs seems to indicate that they're the same game, if that helps.
    Thanks for posting that, it added to my confusion when I was trying to locate either game.
    Here, it shows 4 players simultanously for All-Stars. Here, it says that the US game is only 1-2 players.

I'm confused.

5. The Amazon reviews are not kind. And that page says 2 players.

6. Quote Originally Posted by shmup-o
    Thanks for posting that, it added to my confusion when I was trying to locate either game.
    Here, it shows 4 players simultanously for All-Stars. Here, it says that the US game is only 1-2 players.

I'm confused.
    But in the first picture its showing4 players on the All-Stars version. But than in your second link, its about how many players on the BAM3000. Its 2 different versions isnt it? If so, why are you linking 2 different versions? I can understand if the picture and the link with information is of the same game..but its not.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mode7
    I can't speak to either title, really, but Super Bust-a-Move was terrible. Give it and any of its ports a wide berth.
    Just curious, why?

I remember when Puzzle Bobble 4/BAM 4 came out on Dreamcast and it had that horrible new Chain Reaction garbage going on. Once we shut that off all was right with the world.

I've been looking to snag a new PB and was looking at All Stars as well.

8. None of the releases still can touch the SNES version. That version had the endless mode, and since then, it has never shown up again. Why, I'll never know, because that was, by far, the best thing to ever happen to Puzzle Bobble.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    But in the first picture its showing4 players on the All-Stars version. But than in your second link, its about how many players on the BAM3000. Its 2 different versions isnt it? If so, why are you linking 2 different versions? I can understand if the picture and the link with information is of the same game..but its not.
    I guess I should have reconsidered my questions at that point. Is All-Stars the same game w/ 4 player or is it a totally different game? I guess this is all a moot point because it seems like all the reviews for newer Puzzle Bobbles are pretty bad.

The only reason I'd like to get this game on the 'Cube is that it's upstairs... and I hate hooking up a system upstairs for a 30 minute play session when my wife wants to play.

If anyone has played either version, I'd love to hear from you.

10. I would like to know also. My girl loves PB. Unfortunately, she doesnt have any systems and she lives in VA while I live in NY. When I do go visit, I would bring my GC as its small enough to travel with. But than again, I have PB on my Nokia phone, but its not the same as a console.