Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The Funny Stuff"

1. The Shenmue series is the funniest set of games I've ever played, although Armed and Dangerous is hilarious as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. I miss the oldschool humor based advenure games (which in some way or another are all owed to the old Hitchiker's Guide text adventures). This really was one of my favorite genres going up, and it's all but disappeared. Stupid Invaders ain't gonna cut it.

Oh and someone should mention Space Quest as well.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    The Shenmue series is the funniest set of games I've ever played, although Armed and Dangerous is hilarious as well.
    There's only one part of either of the Shenmue games that's even remotely funny, and that's Ryo getting hit in the head with a watermelon. I'm not sure where you get "funniest set of games I've ever played," though, unless you just totally roll on the ground when you see someone kick or you just really think the name "Lan Di" is a knee slapper.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

LOL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    The Shenmue series is the funniest set of games I've ever played
    You haven't played very many funny games then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano On The Phone
    There's only one part of either of the Shenmue games that's even remotely funny, and that's Ryo getting hit in the head with a watermelon.
    That's the best reason to play Shenmue 2, though it's hard to explain to anyone why that is.

Everything Bioware has made outside of Neverwinter Nights' original campaign is loaded with old-school adventure game comedy.

5. Morte.

Best Sidekick Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    The Shenmue series is the funniest set of games I've ever played
    I was going to comment on that, too, but decided not to waste my time.

So instead I have now have a completely useless post. Congratulations, street fighter.

EDIT: Morte and Murray prove that diesmbodied talking skulls truly are TEH SHIT.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Thousand Arms was really funny. Bandigger specifically, he was awesome.

8. Conker's BFD was funny- funny enough to trudge through the TERRIBLE level design.

So...am I the only one who thought Boogerman was funny?

9. Oh yeah, Earthworm Jim was hilarious. I always got a chuckle from Silhouette Mirage, too.

There's some great humour on the GTA radio stations.