Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac Gaming

1. Mac Gaming

Hey, I need some ideas of games to pursue for Macs.

I have a 10 hour Tuesday class where I meet with professors and have extremely long wait times and would like to make use of it (games!) but its a mac lab. I figure Warcraft 3, is probably the best game to bring, but I want something to shoot, or some lightsabre action... then I'd be so cool.
    haha

Anyways, what do you guys recommend? Any demos that are mac version? What about Jedi Outcast?

Any help my amigos?

2. www.download.com <-- search for Hollow Ground. it's an overhead shooter and not that great, but it serves as some mindless destruction. I've got an emulator for the Mac too... but I won't get in to that.

Funny that I'm on a Mac right now when this post comes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Civ III, Myst, Halo (!), Bejeweled/Alchemy, Diablo II, Starcfract/Warcraft (as mentioned), Icewind Dale, ...Everquest, Jedi Outcast/Academy, Neverwinter Nights, Max Payne,

:breath:

Unreal Tornument 2003, Quake III, Worms Blast, Return to Castle Wolfenstein...

There's a lot. Not nearly as much as PC, but it's a definite improvement over past Mac times. Usually, if it's old and a solid game, chances are good for Mac. Same goes for anything Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Funny that I'm on a Mac right now when this post comes up.
    I'm always on a Mac. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    Usually, if it's old and a solid game, chances are good for Mac. Same goes for anything Blizzard.
    Note 'old' - most games get released for Mac a good time after their PC release.

But I guess sometimes it's worth it to wait.
    Murdoc:

Skateboard!? You better watch out that Avril Lavine doesn't hear about you and stupid skateboards or she'll be right on your case, Sk8ter Boi.

5. I played Warcraft 3 on my Mac and it kept freezing.

I quickly went back to playing it on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I played Warcraft 3 on my Mac and it kept freezing.

I quickly went back to playing it on PC.
    Excellent choice.
    Murdoc:

Skateboard!? You better watch out that Avril Lavine doesn't hear about you and stupid skateboards or she'll be right on your case, Sk8ter Boi.

I wonder if they still make Glider. That game was pretty cool.

I know they still make Myst or whatever it was called... and like 124308723.548 different versions of it now for some reason. Ok, not all of them are myst, but myst style.
    Murdoc:

9. And courtesy of Tain... 581 abandonware titles for Mac.

http://mac.the-underdogs.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Nomi
    And courtesy of Tain... 581 abandonware titles for Mac.
    Why doesn't that number surprise me in any way?
    Murdoc: