Page 1 of 33 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Compass

1. Political Compass

Since we have a lot of political debate on the board I figured I would post this link up and people could post their results.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

My scores:
    Economic Left/Right: -1.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.13

I was closest to Pope John Paul II in comparisons, basically a moderate.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

2. Economic Left/Right: 4.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.41

I'm closest to Gerhard Schroder and Paul Martin.

Authoritarian/Right.

Economic Left/Right -5.12
    Social Liberatarion/Authoritarion -5.18

Right next to Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama.

Liberatiarion/Left

4. econ 0.12
    social 0.15

i also apparenty close to pope jp2, which is a good thing. though i think i was a little more centrist, basically i dont trust big companies, what is good for the market is not always good for the people.
    authoritarian/ left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Grin

Economic Left/Right: 4.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

I actually think some of those questions could have used some clarification, like the first question: "If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations." I don't think I 'agree' or 'disagree' w/the statement. I think that globalisation serves BOTH humanity in general AND trans-national corporations, independent of any human control.

Anyways, I think I've alot more in common economically w/Maggie Thatcher than Hitler (my Econ L/R indicator should be 4 pts higher IMO). But on their scale I'm awfully close to Tony Blair . I respect and admire him a great deal but our economic policies would differ greatly.

Anyways. Very cool site. I'll be emailing it to all my buddies.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

6. Economic Left/Right: -4.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54

Right next to Gandhi!
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. Economic Left/Right: -6.88
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

Libertarian/Left

8. Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82

Closest was The Dalai Lama, though I was still pretty far in the corner from him.

9. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach
    Economic Left/Right: 4.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

I actually think some of those questions could have used some clarification, like the first question: "If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations." I don't think I 'agree' or 'disagree' w/the statement. I think that globalisation serves BOTH humanity in general AND trans-national corporations, independent of any human control.

Anyways, I think I've alot more in common economically w/Maggie Thatcher than Hitler (my Econ L/R indicator should be 4 pts higher IMO). But on their scale I'm awfully close to Tony Blair . I respect and admire him a great deal but our economic policies would differ greatly.

Anyways. Very cool site. I'll be emailing it to all my buddies.

The FAQ addresses some of the issues you have brought up.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

10. Economic Left/Right: -2.62
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

I'm right there with Nelson Mandela and The Dahli Lama.
    o_O