Thread: FirstBlood's first semester

1. FirstBlood's first semester

Just thought I'd post the few pieces I have at home from my first semester at Tyler School of Art. These are by no means my favorites, just the ones I have lying around at home.

These are all from my drawing class...

First is the self portrait we all had to do as our first assignment. This was in pencil

Next is a perspective drawing. No shading allowed, only line.

Then a negative space ink drawing.

Then a drawing I did with ink and a brush of ground texture.

And last is my final self portrait. This was about 3ft tall and 5 feet wide, done with charcoal.

I hope to post a group of more exciting pictures after next semester, since the assignments this semester were mostly used as exercises and learning tools.

2. I dig the ground texture drawing. Good stuff.

3. I really like that bush or just bunch of leaves from a branch. I wish it was a bit more finished... maybe it just seems that way cuz its cropped and the white surrounding?

4. Quote Originally Posted by SHiNgO
    I really like that bush or just bunch of leaves from a branch. I wish it was a bit more finished... maybe it just seems that way cuz its cropped and the white surrounding?
    No, it's definitely unfinished. It was on a piece of 18-24 paper and it only took up the bottom half, so I cut it out. The paper is kinda off-white, so that's why it looks odd with the plain white background how it is. I've already (basically) perfected working with negative space, so I stopped early. It would look better had I taken the time to fill the page.

It also was cropped poorly, but that also wouldn't have been as noticable had I filled the page...