Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Updated 1/13: Circuit City Clearance Thread *Prices raised but still some good deals*

1. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    I would assume it's because they're no longer trying to clear anything out.
    But it dosen't make sense to clearence out games that weren't selling in the first place, only to stop clearing them out and to sit on the ones that haven't sold.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy
    For some reason, word is that the deals will be better on Friday, but I have no idea why that would be.
    They have a 30 day price guarentee, so buy everything now and get 110% of the difference when the price drops.

Jesus, its like the clearance was working too well and they had second thoughts. I can't remember this happening in recent memory anywhere else.

Stupid CC.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Since most of these prices are ending with a 7, it's a clearence price, as that's how most stores designate clearence.
    It's been at least 4 years since I worked at Circuit City, but I am almost certain that they use 5's for closeout items, If I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    But it dosen't make sense to clearence out games that weren't selling in the first place, only to stop clearing them out and to sit on the ones that haven't sold.
    They could be reducing inventory. Again remembering from when I managed the music/game dept at the Circus during college, we often would have stock pulls on certain items, that would then be sent back to a central warehouse for redistribution.

I went to CC today...no good deals unfortunately. The only thing I saw was Ace Combat 4 for 10 bucks, which isn't a clearance item, it's just something in their sale ad.

It was kinda sad, the store had like 4 customers in the entire place at lunchtime today in a very busy part of town. The Best Buy a block away would have at least 3 long lines at the cashier at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    I went to CC today...no good deals unfortunately. The only thing I saw was Ace Combat 4 for 10 bucks, which isn't a clearance item, it's just something in their sale ad.
    The 2 CC that I went to did not have their games marked. Did you have them scan the games?

6. ...

Yeah I got my games on the 13th at like 7 at night, went after work after reading this message with list in hand. No clearance bins and no price markings. Most of my games were still marked 49.99. So I brought up a test item, ZOE 2, they rang it up 11 bucks and my wife and I proceeded to ransack the shelves.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

Is this sale still going on?

Also, is there a offiical list of mark downs, or is everyone using the one in this thread?

8. My CC is pretty much wiped out, nothing worth getting. But I do know that Matt Hoffman 2 wasn't for sale for $5, it was still at $20.

Circuit City at least the ones I've been to rarely changes any prices, I asked em about that and they said it's too hard to re-price everything once there in those plastic theft proof boxes. Anyways I checked out 2 CC and of course they had no clue about any sales. Everything was on sale but there was slight increases on the original sale prices.

Clock Tower 3 listed at $49.99 came up about $15

Breath of Fire 5 listed at $49.99 came up as $6.97

ZOE 2 was about $10

Wild Arms 3 was $10 as mentioned

the other $5 titles came up like $1.50 more which still is a good deal. Plus they had a few of the .01 items too.

Rez have been long gone but I was able to score some when they were $15 at Best Buy last year.