Thread: NFL STREET FOR $20 AT EB! Very clever...

1. Frown NFL STREET FOR $20 AT EB! Very clever...

(From Cheapassgamer.com) forum:

You guys aren't going to believe this. Went into my local EB and was asking about the exclusions for the coupon in the GMR magazine (trade in any 4 xbox/ps2/gc games and get NFL Street for FREE - no sports titles allowed), and the employees told me that aside from sports titles, there were NO EXCLUSIONS. HOWEVER, the games had to have boxes and instructions and NO DUPLICATE TITLES. So then I pointed out a used HAVEN for PS2 in their used section and said, "Is Haven excluded?" and they said, "NOPE". So they helped me go around the store picking out the 4 cheapest non-sports used games they had in stock! I bought a Haven for 5.99, some PS2 skateboarding game I've NEVER heard of for 5.99, and two 7.99 used games!!!!!! I've got their discount card so they took off another 10% at the register. After tax and shit, I paid about $20 for the games that I then TURNED around and SOLD BACK TO THEM for a FREE NFL STREET! I love those guys!!!!!!

2. This is REALLY YMMV...some stores exclude certain low-resale non-sport titles and I highly doubt most stores will buy back games they just sold to you.

But if you can find $5 games at Circuit City, and your EB honors them, go nuts.

3. Not to mention, in EBs database on their computer, it will tell them which is excluded and which isnt. Whoever was working at the EB, must be n00b. I have a feeling EB HQ will be looking into that sale.

4. What we do at our store is just take the 4 non sports games (any game without a year i.e Madden 2003, NFL 2k3) and bump up the trade in value to $12.50 each.

That is it and it works, I suggest hitting Circuit City and grabbing some of their $5.00 games.

I am doing it with the FF:XI with HDD deal (ebgames.com is running it right now the stores should be doing it soon) when you trade in any 4 games get the FF:XI+HDD for $49.99.

If you don't like my posts click here

5. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    Not to mention, in EBs database on their computer, it will tell them which is excluded and which isnt. Whoever was working at the EB, must be n00b. I have a feeling EB HQ will be looking into that sale.
    I havn't seen this particular coupon, but the one for sonic heroes states the only exception is no old sports titles.

If EB doesn't expect stuff like this to happen after GS's trade two in two non-sports title and get select titles for $10 fiasco, that is their own problem.

Heck if I got GMR, I'd take advantage of this as well.

6. OMG MASTER U R TEH SMART U LYKE TEH BUTTSEKS LOL

7. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    I havn't seen this particular coupon, but the one for sonic heroes states the only exception is no old sports titles.

If EB doesn't expect stuff like this to happen after GS's trade two in two non-sports title and get select titles for $10 fiasco, that is their own problem.

Heck if I got GMR, I'd take advantage of this as well.
    You can take advantage of it by clicking on this link and printing out the coupon I attached.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    OMG MASTER U R TEH SMART U LYKE TEH BUTTSEKS LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Master
    (From Cheapassgamer.com) forum:
    Not my idea cool breeze. I am not kidding when I say take it elsewhere. NO trolling, negativity or any drama in this forum. I'm not gonna stand for it. I know you are kidding, but I'm only gonna warn you the once. That goes for everybody.

9. I got it on the cheap... but I already had NFL Street.

Got Who Shot Johnny Rock $1.99, Shadoan $4.99, and Space Ace $4.99, already had Time Traveller. The guys let me BUY, and TRADE IN on the same transaction. Got a gift receipt, took it to a different EB and got .hack//quarantine instead.