Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kaneda's sketchbook (Update 5/6)

1. I really dig the loose line style you got going. Are you trained? Or is this a hobby? Because the staging of the characters is really nice ( It’s almost savant). With a simple pose you show a lot of power in some of the sketches. The faces are sweet also, the lines are loose enough so you still need your imagination to get the full emotion of the drawing. I like them a lot. Props!
    noktUp(teenSlut)

Mrs. Cleo: "Is there a gentleman in your life?"
    Caller: "Yes."
    Mrs. Cleo: "Is he incarcerated?"
    Mrs. Cleo: "Yea, him your baby's daddy."

2. I've taken art classes in grade school and only about two so far in college, and what I've learned is that you really don't learn what you need from those classes. I've drawn since I was little on a regular basis, that's pretty much all it takes I think.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda
    I've taken art classes in grade school and only about two so far in college, and what I've learned is that you really don't learn what you need from those classes. I've drawn since I was little on a regular basis, that's pretty much all it takes I think.
    This is true. No amount of knowledge can replace drive. I try to draw occasionally, but lately it seems that I have no time or motivation, for that, or any other medium I used to use a lot (Sculpy, and clay). Maybe I can find some time.
    The one thing I did like about classes in college, however, is that they gave you an assignment and a due date, and I love to work under a dead line. It speeds things up, and teaches you how to stay focused. But, that’s what higher education is all about...teaching you how to think. Most of the time it’s not even about the knowledge, but about the experience.
    noktUp(teenSlut)

Mrs. Cleo: "Is there a gentleman in your life?"
    Mrs. Cleo: "Is he incarcerated?"
    Mrs. Cleo: "Yea, him your baby's daddy."

4. Very quick Spider-Man and Wolverine sketches. I wonder what horrendous costumes they're wearing these days.

5. Mario and Link concept drawings for a comic series I'm working on.

6. Uh-oh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda
    Mario and Link concept drawings for a comic series I'm working on.
    Man the Goomba stomp almost made me cry. Link's picture had a more subtle effect; his missing cap seemed a big deal until I noticed the pointed ears. Nintendo characters mean something to me and this looks like a different direction than what I thought you planned to take with this comic. I really want to see this, J. Keep it up.

-Tech

7. I drew one drawing this week. :/

It's in watercolor tho, so it's new for me.

8. Neo-Geo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda
    I drew one drawing this week. :/

It's in watercolor tho, so it's new for me.

I read the entire Akira manga last week and "Tetsuo" was the first thing I thought of when I saw this. The deep blackness around his head reminds me of Tetsuo's long, spiky 'do.

Its creepy and I always like when you color your stuff.

-Tech

9. Been a while since I updated, so here's some recent stuff.

10. Jugding from the second pic, the comic is looking great.
    Best of luck to you.
    Also, nothing but admiration for all your other pieces. I must say you do very clean rough sketches. (...yeah, sorry for that..)
    Action seems to come off very comfortly as well for you.

Off recond: I hope to get insired enough to finish my own lil' project. Still too much character backgrounds, and pre-story boarding for me currently. I'm happy with my design. But it's the meat(story) of the comic I need to focus on.
    But I'll live.
    Keep up the great work.