Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Games you thought deserved much more based on style alone

1. Apart from JSRF, I'd have to go with Phantom Crash.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    Devil May Cry 2: I might not get a lot of agreement on this game due to the mass anger over the gameplay it self.
    The only style that I thought DMC2 had was when you could select the Diesel costumes...now that's style.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Clash_Master
    Devil May Cry 2: I might not get a lot of agreement on this game due to the mass anger over the gameplay it self.
    The only style that I thought DMC2 had was when you could select the Diesel costumes...now that's style.

4. Grin

Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Otogi - No matter what problems you have with the camera, you cannot deny that every bit of this game is beautiful beyond belief. It aims to capture ancient Japanese mythology, and it does so like a champ. I would murder women and small children for this game's OST.
    Agreed. Except the part about murder.

Oh, and Disgaea had a great sense of style. The animation was really pretty cool, despite the childish dialogue/story.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

5. Holy crap, Shadow of Destiny was cool. I made sure I got the "D" ending that explains things more thoroughly. Mind-bending story worthy of a blockbuster film.

I still have huge issues with certain aspects of the game, most notably the outrageous policy of not letting you skip loooooooooong dialog scenes. Still, I was very wrong not to like this game and am now quite glad I finally went through the whole thing.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Holy crap, Shadow of Destiny was cool. I made sure I got the "D" ending that explains things more thoroughly. Mind-bending story worthy of a blockbuster film.

I still have huge issues with certain aspects of the game, most notably the outrageous policy of not letting you skip loooooooooong dialog scenes. Still, I was very wrong not to like this game and am now quite glad I finally went through the whole thing.
    Once you view a cinematic, you can press X to skip it the next time round. Very useful if you're going for all the endings but don't want to sit through scenes you've already seen. If there's anything remotely different about a scene it won't let you skip past it so there's no risk of accidentally missing anything.

My choice is P.N.03 - one of the best games of last year. The sterile environments, dream-like music and Vanessa are viewtiful. It gets me into a real trance not unlike Rez. I thought it would be shit but mission 6 totally won me over and i've loved it ever since.

7. Maken X, IllBleed, Yanya Caballista, Primal, Chaos Legion, & Dino Crisis 3 come immediately to mind.

8. Enclave.

9. Yes. That too, definitely.

10. NHL Rivals