Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apextreme Console

1. Apextreme Console

http://www.techbits.ca/modules.php?n...howpage&pid=17

I'll play pc games on my pc, thanks...

... so wait, this isn't the DISCover thing?

3. Stupid Idea....

4. Why do people keep thinking this is a good idea?

You mean I can play bad games on a PC I can't properly upgrade or configure through a composite video feed into a picture tube inferior to my already existing PC monitor? And it only costs $600? Sign me up!

Sure beats the hell out of only spending $50 for a TV card to put in your existing PC...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Nappa
    Why do people keep thinking this is a good idea?

You mean I can play bad games on a PC I can't properly upgrade or configure through a composite video feed into a picture tube inferior to my already existing PC monitor? And it only costs $600? Sign me up!

Sure beats the hell out of only spending $50 for a TV card to put in your existing PC...
    Umm, there are DVI and Component ports which I assume are comparable to VGA. I thought the article said $300 and $400 for the damn things. Still, this is a stupid idea. Besides, who's gonna buy something made by VIA and Apex. They don't exactly make the best products.

6. the same people that buy apex dvd players that play whatever the hell you stick in them unlike most more expensive sony products.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    the same people that buy apex dvd players that play whatever the hell you stick in them unlike most more expensive sony products.
    Probably, but this isn't in the usual Apex price range.

8. true...which means it probably wont be sitting on wal-mart shelves

9. I guess the executives from NGage had found jobs at another company....

10. You guys still don't get it do ya. You can play MAME games, watch DIVX movies... and about a million other things. You can do those things on your PC of course, but the future is in media intergration not PC expansion. It has instant Windows XP on. Also, there are ways to load up games immediately without doing the setup shit. Basically this means that it is better than regular consoles and doesn't require the cock sucking GCC to compile and debug programs and games for it like NUON, GBA.... You can even optimize your games specifically for it, because it will have a more concrete hardware spec than your PC.
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.