Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is the Best I've Ever Done

1. A little addition to the above, I got numerous awards, a citation from the mayor, and got to meet numerous Channel 10 news people. They all knew who I was, and said I was #1 in there book even though I lost. It was quite a funny site at the state spelling bee, considering I was the only black kid up there.

2. This one time at soccer camp I got dared to stick my foot in a wasp hive (burrowed into the ground). I did it and felt extremely overcome with relief and perfection... for about 5 seconds then the ensuing sting-orgy took place and, long story short, I was home 3 days early. I was not the smartest little turd, but I had balls.

That one shining moment,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. A little under a year ago, I was in a Jazz band and we ended up being invited to a real nice place called Jazz Alley and we were all so nervous and then it just clicked for us as I thew off the count for the first chart...I'd have to say that was our best set ever. Man, I miss those days.
    What isn't remembered, Never happened

4. Cool man - personally, I couldn't wade through Ulysses for too long :/ Stream of consiousness writeing throws me for a loop - perhaps I have some reading comprehension problems.

I get that feeling often though, just lets me know I'm getting better. Sometimes however I get that feeling and it turns out to be false (and I haven't been able to write a damned thing recently) and that's pretty unpredictable. Personally - I perform at my best (with just about anything) while deprived of sleep for a long time. It doesn't last.

ºTracer
    o_O

5. A wise man said "determine what your limits are, then exceed them."

Last summer, my Shihan invited his blackbelts to his summer home for a weekend. He put us through the cruelest, most vigorous training EVER.
    We thought we were gonna die- it was nonstop drills, kata, running, pushups, and sparring for two full days. I threw up twice in one day because of it.
    At the end of the weekend, we looked like the living dead, and felt like it too.
    However, the fact that we lasted through that utter HELL was an awesome feeling. Our master says that Japanese martial artists train like that fairly often. They call it "Shugyo".

In the 15 years I have studied the martial arts, that weekend was the first time I realized why so many people practice them all over the world...

*zerodash is crying*

Ahem, then I went home and played videogames- lots of videogames.

6. I have two Life Highlights, both from college.

My senior project was a radio play I wrote and produced, and aired on a few radio stations in a five-episode serial. The circumstances that led to my writing it is another story, but the end result, as well as the process, is something I'll always treasure.

During my junior year, I set a school record by scoring 53 points in an official conference basketball game. You've heard about "the zone"....I was in it all game. It was almost an out-of-body experience.

Unreal. I don't think I'll ever top either of those.

Nice thread.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010