Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best and Worst Online Game Stores

The Best and Worst Online Game Stores

I think it would be cool if everyone who orders things online would do some small write-up about specific stores that you have used and post good bad expreriences.

www.ncsx.com

National Console Support has always been a great store to deal with. I've only had one slight problem with them. They shipped a game UPS instead of the USPS I had specified and were understanding of my concern. Email response time is super fast and every email I sent was responded to which I think is great and important for a company to do. Prices tend to be a bit high, but for the service they provide it is worth it. Also they have a preowned section in the MISC section which is quite special. Alot of the items are old stock and or items used for pictures only, many deals to be had there, but not many people know about it I suspect.

www.cart-mart.com

Otherwise known as Video Game Depot. I have used them numerous times. They have had some nice Turbografx related goods which is nice to see as I always have trouble finding what I want Tubro wise. Everything described well, and no problems at all with any orders. I've noticed that some of their new games with cracked cases are a few bucks cheaper so if your not obsessive like I am you could save a few bucks. Dreamcast import selection seems very good. If I had any complaints the site is a little awkward at times to navigate and if your on a slow system the wait to load the sale items can be quite long. I wish they would get more Turbografx games!

www.diskounters.com

I've never had one response to any emails I've sent them. The selection of games is outstanding and so are the prices, but if I can't get a response to an email asking where to make payment, I don't see this as good business practices. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else gets any responses or has had any luck.

www.amazon.com

Well this is really a true game store but they have alot of good deals from time to time. The problem is it seems that most of their games are out of stock so it can be really frustrating. I have had problems with them about ordering games and them sending me the Greatest Hits version, I've always mentioned that and have asked them to correct any mistakes. I'm on the fence about Amazon lately, sure I've found great deals and HTF PSX games but lately their service has been sub par. I've had trouble recently about an order of mine they screwed up, seems they don't know the difference between a R rated version and Director's cut, anyways I've been sent the wrong item twice and there explanation was lackluster. Granted this wasn't a game I seriously may stop shopping there. Email response is quick though.

2. http://www.buyritegames.com

World Famous for:

Poor Customer Service
    Misleading Site Descriptions
    Breach of Contract
    Lying to Customers
    Expensive and Unfair Shipping Charges
    Credit Card Fraud

bottomline: teh sUx0r!!1

Seriously a good idea for a thread Korian.

3. Does Amazon's videogame section have the Amazon Marketplace? Ive bought like five or six things used from people on there, excellent transactions. One book I got had to brand new, it was just like half the price of the one Amazon was selling.

4. Anybody ever shop with www.tronixweb.com?

5. Yuck

Off the top of my head, here are my experiences:

* The Good:
    Japan Videogames
    GExpress
    NCSX
    Lik-Sang
    Play Asia
    The Rage
    Wolfgames
    Gamesuniverse

* The Neutral:
    EBWorld / EBGames - no problems but they have the worst international shipping rates on the internet.

* The Truly Awful:
    Level Six - Avoid at all costs.
    Upstate Games - I've never used them but heard second hand horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Does Amazon's videogame section have the Amazon Marketplace? Ive bought like five or six things used from people on there, excellent transactions. One book I got had to brand new, it was just like half the price of the one Amazon was selling.
    Yes it does, but prices for games are often times inflated, I have yet to try it but supposedly Amazon stands by their sellers and I guess your pretty safe from getting scewed. I'd like to try it soemtime but not on anything too expensive.

The things about Gexpress is their prices are good but once Shinobi128 brought a fatal security flaw to my attention I promplty deleted my account, and have never orderd from them again. Hopefuly things are fixed but I'm not taking any chances.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Anybody ever shop with www.tronixweb.com?
    Tronixweb is awesome... not as good of a selection as the other sites, but they are still very enjoyable to deal with. When everyone else was sold out, I had my Mom get me KoF 2002 through them for christmas... it was shipped safely and quickly, and they replied to her email she sent very quickly, and this was during the seasons.

I usually use them if NCSX and VGD are sold out, which is rare, but it does happen.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

8. I would just like to give a shout out for PaCrappa's store. He has great stuff at great prices and always goes out of his way to make sure you are happy.

9. Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    I would just like to give a shout out for PaCrappa's store. He has great stuff at great prices and always goes out of his way to make sure you are happy.
    I'll second this.

10. I've only used two but they were excellent: Lik-Sang and Cart-Mart. Lik-Sang has EXCELLENT shipping rates to Canada.