Thread: I just had a 20 minute deathmatch with Reaper bots in Quake 1...

I just had a 20 minute deathmatch with Reaper bots in Quake 1...

...and I had more fun than I have with any FPS I have played in the last 4 or 5 years at least (since its release really). Seriously, why they even bothered making FPS after Quake is beyond me.

It's so fast paced, so cheap, so unbalanced... its fantastic!

Now I need some Threewave bots and I’ll be set! (even better would be real people, but I doubt many still play it, and those that do’s skill is probably unreal)

2. I'd be up for a match with ya once I re-install it (right now, I look at the floor while running in circles and firing my weapon for some odd reason), granted I haven't played in at least 3 years, I'll be more than happy to give you a run for yer money
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

Hey I haven't played in a good 2-3 years either, so I don't think I'm going to be holding up very well

Still I would love to play.

4. Ahh reaperbots *SNIFF* the memories. The only way to play when you have a 56k =) Seriously though, I think UT is still better =p I played quake a ton at the time because it was revolutionary, but UT I've played steadily since it came out because it's FUN. Halo is better too but being a more single player oriented game it's not a fair comparison.
    ------
    I am Yang.