Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much better is parasite Eve 1 compared to the sequel?

1. How much better is parasite Eve 1 compared to the sequel?

I bought Parasite Eve 1 at funcoland, when I went home played it
    then the day I took a look at the cd & found out that the bbastards stuck me with Parasite Eve2 instead of 1

well as it is, I really dislike survival horror games (resident evil is the only one that I would buy though)
    Parasite Eve 2 is a straight up survival horror type
    horrid controls, horrid camara angles, tedious as hell gameplay etc etc etc

How better is Paraasitte eve 1?
    Is it a real time action rpg or is it more survival horror type game??
    is the controls 2D (Mario64) or like in RE controls?
    are the camera angles dramticly placed so you can't see where your going & etc..?
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

Parasite Eve 1 is more RPG than survival horror. The battles are pretty cool. You can move Aya around in real-time when it's your turn.

3. so it's a turn based game with real time movement when it's your turn???

cool

well at least I didn't get ripped off in money
    I paid $9.99 for what i though was pt1 while pt2 was selling for $29 bucks there
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

4. Part 1 is very good, the battles are combination real-time, moving around Aya while dodging enemy fire, then press a button, a menu comes up, and if your within range of an enemy, you can fire at them with your weapon or use her parasite powers to attack. Its one of the most innovative battle systems.

The only downside is the game is really short, only 9 or 10 hours to run through it, and the translation is iffy at several points like many Square PSX RPGs. BUT there is a second quest, on your second go-through you can access a new level, the Chrysler Building, which has an insane number of floors culminating in one of the hardest boss battles EVER against a second, infinitely harder version of Eve. Ack!
    omg TNL epics!

5. Did you honestly find that last fight hard? It took 3 tries for me to manage it. Give me a few minutes and I'll put up the parameters i had on my gun to dominate all enemies.

What the heck? I could have beaten the top of the Chrystler Building with my eyes closed.

Maybe my armor and weapon are too good

(edit: I will post my stats when I get home in a little over an hour)

7. How much better is PE1 than PE2? In a word: Lots...
    Boo, Hiss.

8. Alright, didn't take long for me to find my Dex Drive file. This has my gun and armor parameters.
    Gun: G2A3 rifle, burst option so it hits all enemies with eaach bullet, first srike from any random pistol, and double comand option. Don't mess with the rate of fire options; the higher the rate of fire, the more each bullets attack power is divided.
    Armor: Cr Armor 2, already has hp up, any status protector, auto heal, and whatevr alese you manage.
    Using this, it took 3 tries because the first two were just to see her attack pattern.

9. Well, I also enjoyed this rpg alot. Storyline was unique for rpg, set in the present day, but dealing with more scientific then spiritual threat. One of the few horror rpgs(Like Shadow Hearts and Koudelka) that deal with more darker than usual subject, and have M rating.

Graphics were excellent, I loved those fmv movies, and have them recorded on tape Character designs were good, and Aya stands out as one of few female main characters in rpgs.

Battle system was innovative combining turn based and real time elements, and grid later used in Vagrant Story. Enemy designs were good, and quite different. I also enjoyed boss battles alot. I loved the various weapon classes, and all the possible customisations that could be done to weapons, also later used in VS. Combining 2 machine guns to make 1 stronger one, and later adding fire or ice elements to it was cool.

Last Boss part was little bit annoying, where you had to run away from the enemy, otherwise it would be instant death, and if you messed up, it was start over.

It also had some replayability, with whole Chrysler building quest. Damn, It was really annoying, but I did made it through. Infamous Bee Boss really made me mad though, after countless attemps to kill it, which always eded up im my own death

So, PE is definately one of PSX better rpgs, and even Square haters can say it is different from the usual rpg story and settings.

10. Well, I probably one of few people that actually liked PE2

Sure it tried too hard to be RE, but I enjoyed it anyway. It was one of few attemps(Koudelka comes to mind once again ) to combine RE style gameplay with RPG setup, and eventhough it worked for me, many other people didnt like it.

Graphics were pretty good, and I had no problems with control setup, since I never complained about RE setup either, and PE2 remind of that. The game still have alot of action in it, and boss fights were exciting.

Its not the greatest game, but decent enough to get, if you see it for a low price.