Thread: So what do you guys think of "shadow skill"?

1. So what do you guys think of "shadow skill"?

Basically it is a cross between Naruto and Lodoss if you can imagine that.

Also check out the first episode of Area 88(AKA UN squadron) of the SNES game fame. It is sort of a Macross clone yet not, well it is kinda hard to explain because you cannot really tell where it is going based on the first episode.

2. I have the double disc release of Shadow Skill. IIRC, they reversed (or otherwise altered) the sequence in the hope that it would flow better. It think they were right.

It's not bad. Pretty cool action scenes, and the character designs are a little different, if nothing else. The dubbing is a mixed bag. The chicks sound pretty good and are amusing, but the boy sounds like he's from Brooklyn or something --horrible.

Decent. But it sure doesn't remind me of Lodoss in any way.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

3. 2 DVDs only? How did they manage to put 20+ eps into that? FYI I was watching the fansubs.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    2 DVDs only? How did they manage to put 20+ eps into that? FYI I was watching the fansubs.
    We are apparently talking about two different things. Perhaps my set is composed of the "movies" -- although I thought they were still broken up into separate episodes. In any case, I recall the running time being quite long. I'll check it out tonight.

How is the fansub?
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. I too have only heard of that movie but I've never seen it. What is this series you speak of?

6. I have the one Kabuki posted, and it's mediocre at best.

7. The series:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/172.html

The warrior kingdom of Kuruda is home to the fiercest fighters in the world, men and women who live solely for the chance to fight, and become the greatest in the world. And no one is so intent on this goal as the young Gau Ban, who dreams of becoming a new generation of warrior. He and his adopted sister Elle, their companions, and the legendary Scarface train and battle for the mastery of the Shadow Skill.

Shadow Skill began with the pilot OVA, which was followed by the OVA series prequels. The TV series begins the story anew and covers the same ground.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    Hee hee, he's grabbing her boobie.

The movie and the TV series look to have very little in common. I too, have heard the movie was very "eh". Is the TV series better?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Shadow skill is like a parade of ninjas flipping out, outside your window on a bright sunny day. It brings a tear to my eye.

And I have only seen the first episode!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS