Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robobo - Comic #4 added!

1. Robobo - Comic #4 added!

Hey guys. I'm going to make a new comic strip based on a blue robot. I am really enjoying these new character designs I made. It's simple, i guess. It's not always going to be funny, and it's basically for nobody except me (no schedule). But here they are, I thought some of you might like them:

Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Here's another character. I'm only planning on having 4.

Robobo, Jimmy, Zugg-Zug the Troll and Jimmy's girlfriend who I've yet to come up with. So far I'm enjoying making these characters. Zugg-zug is a troll with an unstoppable hunger for business and aquisition. He's inquizative and is great with numbers. But even though he is intellectual he still walks, talks and acts like a troll in matters not concerning business.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Niiice! What did you use to make them?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    So far I'm enjoying making these characters.
    Character designing is fun.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Hey, like it a lot. Robobo's expressions remind me of GIR from Invader Zim, in a good way. Very nice work! Waitin' for more...

When you do get around to the comic, be sure to post a link

5. Yes! I thought the exact thing!

Robobo = GIR

Perfect. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. What's GIR?

I didn't mean to copy anybody elses work. I honestly came up with him on my own. Oh and here's another one, it's Jimmy's girlfriend Grace.

So far I've got compliments in real life on all of them. Most people like Zuggy the best though.

Zugg-zug isn't to scale in the picture either. He's the largest of the characters, not the smallest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Niiice! What did you use to make them?
    Illustrator.

Character designing is fun.
    Yah. The hardest part about all of this will be designing a webpage to go along with it.

7. Excellent stuff! I actually like Robobo the most.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

8. Me too

9. I have this one drawn out but I'm not happy with the final panel. It lacks a big punchline. It's okay, it's definitely not terrible, but it could be better. I'll have to think about it. That's the great thing about doing a webcomic for yourself, really. I have no schedule and can take my sweet time.

Anyway I need some suggestions on the art, etc.

EDIT: I changed the last panel to mention his tinfoil hat. I think it works... makes me laugh atleast.

10. Me likey.

Anyway I need some suggestions on the art, etc.
    Looks good to me. The font is a little bland though, why not try to plot your print handwriting with one of those glyph-font-maker-thingys.

EDIT: I changed the last panel to mention his tinfoil hat. I think it works... makes me laugh atleast.
    You got a happy smile out of me I would of done something dark and lame like "Wow, nice iron maiden there, how much did it cost you?" or "What are the blowtorch, pliers, gaffer tape and hamster for?"
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.