Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robobo - Comic #4 added!

1. I made another one as well but I don't want to show it. But the type is pretty plain for the dialogue. The only problem with making it a comic font is that the type isn't exceptionally large and without a straight forward treatment it becomes difficult to read.

For now I'll leave it as is. Just until I see a better font. I did some research today and asked my friend to go around and show people. He said it wasn't his, and got peoples responses. Most people like it thus far so I think I'm out of the gates at a good pace.

The second one is pretty funny in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I actually really do like the character designs. Especially teh robot, and his sweet cape.

And that comic was far funnier than any of the old stuff. Awesome!

Are you sure you're still Andrew? Why don't I hate you?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. lol.

Anything I tried to do with the old Joystick Adventures comics were thwarted by my brothers sense of comedy. We had two different ideas of what was funny. We tried to stuff things together and it didn't work some of the time. Some of the time it did. I changed a lot of the comics and stuff in order to fit his input in the comic and compromised on a lot of things. Most of them being the punchlines of comics. My creative input was split in half, or sometimes less. (sometimes more, the classic gaming goldeneye comic and the Acclaim comics were all mine... actually the counter strike line was my brothers idea... which didn't really make any sense. But the second Battlefeild 1942 comic was my idea completely and I got really good feedback from it).

The main reason I decided to just take it on my own was because he was trashing my blogs on the site. He said they were too opinionated and his friends hated them. I guess I was just pissed off that I had compromised on my vision for a comic so much and now couldn't even say what I wanted to without being censored. I mean, why was I doing it? I rudely told him that if his friends input and satisfaction meant so much to him then he should kindly start up a comic with them. (which he tried to do before he did it with me)

I think my brother can be funny, he just doesn't know how to express it through writing as well as vocal delivery. It's far easier to make someone laugh by saying something in a special tone of voice than on paper. At any rate...

He's currently working on a photoshop message board dedicated to photoshop edits (like STFU newbie but less repetitive). I'm sure you've seen this on fark and Something Awful.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent here, I'll just say thanks for the comment.

Oh and I thought I'd go ahead and post comics 2 and 3 as well for some feedback. It's hard to judge a comic on just one issue. So here's issues 2 and 3.

and the third one

Don't bother trying to add 4, 5, etc. on the end of those URLs because they won't be found. I'm not an idiot... well... that big of an idiot.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I'm finished the fourth one and Robobo has been introduced. I'm liking the prelude so far. There's going to be one or two more before the introduction image to cap off the prelude and the beginning of the regular strip (not so story driven... loosely with some not being driven at all)

Nobody responded to the other ones so I guess they didn't like them or didn't see them. So maybe this is a waste of time.

Some feedback would be nice though. I'm still looking for a good typeface besides comic sans to input in the word bubbles.

5. Good stuff, I love Jimmy's pants after Robobo's entrance

One minor criticism: I think the yellow panel under "Death to humans!" ruins the joke in the next panel, specifically the "hankering for joking around" bit. It'd be better if you still thought he was a killer robot by the time you read the "Just kidding" bit.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. Do you get the last panel though? Like, do you understand? I think you're right though, I'm going to take out that description.

EDIT: Description on 6th panel taken out.

Thanks for your help astroblue, I appreciate it.

7. got a site design up at www.joystickadventures.com

Nothing operates yet... but it's coming along. Feedback appreciated.