Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's really going on with Sammy...

1. Yuck What's really going on with Sammy...

The good word.

I'm sure many of you know how 'on point' Trieu is.

Anyway, read on. You won't be disappointed.

2. Interesting article. I've also heard similar rumblings about Sammy/Playmore doing something big, though I'd think Sammy would rather just outright buy Playmore in order to have the talent to actually make these games. I kinda doubt we'll see Dimps or Arc System Works coding KOF 2004 for example...

But i've gotta say, it's totally annoying how the author dismisses Sega & Capcom as each only having 3 vaible arcade franchises, while digging up relics like Art of Fighting or Super Side Kicks as reprentative of SNK Playmore's significant modern IPs. He then attributes SNK's massive success to some faceless Central American following, only to later mention the massive losses SNK incures do to bootlegs & pirates, insinuating that selling their properties to Sammy would somehow be a more profitable venture. I dunno, I smell fanboi...

3. I'm happy, but extremely weary at the same time. We will finally see SNK characters in Hi-Res. The graphics whores will finally shut the fuck up. If Sammy screws up the gameplay though, I'm going to be fucking pissed. I don't want stuff like Metal Slug to all of a sudden play like crap like Dolphin Blue apparently does. Hopefully this turns out really well and satifys all you crazy 2D gaming bastards. Now to order me an Atomiswave.

Oh yeah, Garou 2 is coming out soon.....

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Bastard
    Oh yeah, Garou 2 is coming out soon.....
    ? Where'd you hear this?

btw, really looking forward to Sammy vs Capcom. I'd just like the cast of Vampire Savior vs the GGXX cast, maybe add Dante as a hidden character.
    pwned by Ivan

5. it kinda lost me when it started talking about how SNK has the most profitable and interesting and all around k-rad arcade IPs in the world. but whatever, SNK is dead anyway, so i'd rather have sammy pick the bones than the nothing we're getting these days from SNKplaymore. granted i am not a huge SNK fan.

6. I read up to the point where he tries to make you think SNK is more valuable than Sega and Capcom. He lists three of Sega and Capcom's titles that best suit his arguement, and then lists like a dozen SNK franchises that nobody outside of 5 Internet forums has any idea of, going as far as listing Super Side Kicks Series. That's hilarious.

7. The Deby Owners Club games alone have probably made more cash than all of SNK's "valuable" franchises could net since the Playmore reformation started. SNK Playmore likely doesn't make a tenth what Sega does in the arcade sector today.

8. Note if you read carefully this is only a publishing deal. It's not entirely clear who is going to actually be making the games, but I think it'll still be SNK Playmore. They'll just be making them for new hardware and Sammy will be taking care of all the arcade distroing. Though there's still going to be one KOF game by Sammy in the future and I think Arc Systems is the one working on that along with Sammy vs Capcom, though it sounds a little much for one dev group to do so I'm probably wrong.

All this means is the MVS/AES will finally be dead at long last.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod
    The Deby Owners Club games alone have probably made more cash than all of SNK's "valuable" franchises could net since the Playmore reformation started. SNK Playmore likely doesn't make a tenth what Sega does in the arcade sector today.
    There must be a huge difference in the first and second most profitable arcade games of the year since KOF 2k2 was #2.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Interesting. That's all I really have to say. We'll wait and see if this happens.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

10. I found one thing that really put me off with this artical.

Let's not talk about Virtua Fighter, please. We love Sega as well, but you've come to the 2-D site, so you know how we feel about 3-D Fighters. Looks great, but doesn't play particularly well, hence hasn't performed well.
    What an asshole.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"