Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does the original MDK in any way compare to MDK2?

1. does the original MDK in any way compare to MDK2?

I LOVED MDK2 with a passion

but I heard from some other ppl who loved mdk2 say that mdk1 was Horrible & in no wayremotely as good as pt2

was it that different, the screens I saw looked pretty bad, but how was the overalll game like?

at my Circuit City they have the psx MDK for $13.98
    would that be worth it?
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

First of all, forget the crappy PS1 version of MDK and play the much better PC version.

I enjoyed MDK 1 a lot more than its sequel. In MDK 1 it's all pure action goodness. MDK 2 suffers from Sonic Adventure syndrome and forces you to play as lesser characters.

3. lesser??
    what the fu...

I thought MDK2 had the best balanced game ever!

perfect puzzle sections
    perfect run & gun sections
    perfect snipe & glide sections
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

4. MDK2 is Sonic Adventure 2 done right. Perhaps I have a different view on MDK2 than those who have played MDK1 first and expect Kurt Hectic throughout the game, but I enjoyed all 3 characters' games (unlike SA2) and the variety each level provided.

And the BOSS BATTLES in MDK2? Fugheddaboutit. Some of the most enjoable boss encounters in the 128-bit generation imo.

5. in MDK you only play as Kurt... but it is fantastic... as stated before, pure action goodness...

... i was floored by it's graphics back in the day... and it's still a helluva game... and one of the first games to use a sniper rifle (i think)

Johnny Guest
    I liked the PSone version. You could sit infront of your TV with controller in hand, the way it should be played.

Sitting in front of a VGA monitor with a controller in hand is not much different. It's just like playing on a really sharp television. That's how I played MDK 1 and that's how I played MDK 2.

8. Playing through MDK2 was the most fun challenge since....er, I'm drawing a blank here. Playing as the three characters gave it a sense of completeness and balance - I didn't think Max's or Doc's levels were lesser at all.

I had MDK on PSX a few years ago, and though it was pretty cool for the time. The sequel is miles better in all respects. I attempted to play through the first again after finishing MDK2, but it was a real trial. It's worth playing, especially if you liked the sequel, but don't expect an experience like the one MDK2 gave you.

I don't think $14 is worth it, but that's me....play through MDK2 again - it's simply a better game.

I second the comment that the PC version of MDK is superior as well.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

MDK (which USED to, I swear, stand for Murder Death Kill) originall was released for the PC, and was pretty good. Kinda wacky, but it had great graphics for the day, and good play control. Using the mouse for the sniper mode just rocks, I'm sorry. And, seeing as how it was originally developed for the PC, that was the way it was MEANT to be played. Just ask Shiny.

It was later made into a (crappy) PSX port, which doesn't touch the PC original. If you can find the PC original (prolly on eBay), it should cost you like 5 smackers, and will run just fine on even older comps.

Ironically enough, MDK2 was made for the DC, and has a crappy PC port with low res text and whatnot. I got it for free with my SBLive, and man is the DC version better.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Originally posted by FirstBlood

and one of the first games to use a sniper rifle (i think)
    Golgo 13 for the NES had a sniper rifle section.