Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how did the the 3 Dragon Quest games on SNES compare to the 3 Finall fantasy games..

1. Enix is one of the biggest bunch of lamers ever, personally they shoulda just imploded long ago.

2. Dear god, no... Enix deserves our love. They just need to remember that us greedy, fat, short-attentioned Americans don't always go for the diamond burried under the dirt, but rather the diamond on the bed of fire ants. (No, that didn't make sense)
    Eh... It's not their fault that Dragon Warrior VII didn't sell millions, it's just that they over-expected their sales. DW 7 isn't my favorite game by a long shot, but I like it, and I felt that my $40 wasn't wasted.

Well, maybe we'll get GBA versions of DW 4-6. It'd make me happy, anyway.

Thanks for the info, Rama, Dog$, and OmegaFlareX. It is greatly appreciated.

On the topic, remember Enix of America's little pamphlets, explaining that DW 5 and 6 were right around the corner? ;3 Well, so is Final Fantasy 3/EXTREME. (okay, so 3/5/Extreme was finally released. Just not in a few months, like promised)

3. Heh, I used to get both Enix's and Squaresoft's little pamphlets. Enix's was called "Warrior World" and Square's was "Ogopogo Examiner" or something.

Actually, "Final Fantasy Extreme" was going to be the US name for Final Fantasy V, due to it's much-increased difficulty compared to our localization of FF4 (we got FF4 Easy Type). I'm not sure why Square cancelled it. I'm almost glad they did, since it's likely the translation would've been disgusting (if FF2US was any indication).

Orignally posted by WTFer420
    RPGS sell well here why won't those dumbasses at enix bring there most popular franchise in their history over here?
    Um... like I touched on above, RPGs do sell well here... but not Dragon Warriors. The way DW games are played are different than what the casual RPG player wants. FF games are cinematic, like interactive movies. These are easy for the casual RPG player to play and enjoy, so they sell tons of copies. DW games are filled with stuff to do, but there isn't really a solid progressing plot, and your hand isn't held from one task to another (in other words, you have to figure stuff out by yourself). I tend to think of DW games as "sidequest packages", because that's basically what they are.

Enix *did* bring it's most popular franchise over here... in the form of DWI-IIrGBC, DWIIIrGBC, DWM (1 & 2), and DW7. Like Finch said above, they over-estimated projected sales of DW7, which resulted in much disappointment, which resulted (among other factors like the HeartBeat situation) in the canning of the DW4r localization. I personally think it *will* see a US release someday (by a different publisher, maybe).

Enough of my babbling, I have to get ready for work. >_<