Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zelda: OOT...2D

1. Zelda: OOT...2D

they find shit to do! Like this guy. http://www.oot2d.com/index.html

He's making a PC version of OOT in 2D. Seems like more work than it's worth to me.

2. Deja Vu...
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

3. i'd hit it.

4. Those games set a whole new level of gameplay that is very hard to find even in todays age of faster processors, gobs of memory, and 3D acceleration.
    No.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    No.
    Well, I actually agree with him. 2d games or any game in top down persperctive or sidescrolling allow a greater degree of precision on the players part. You get to see all the enemies around you, you can tell how high you have to jump by just looking once at where the ledge is, hell you can tell if you will get hit or not from enemies to the pixel.

Which is why I am enjoying the GBA and and many other 2d games more than most of what is out now because it is a lot less frustrating.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Deja Vu...

but still cool.

Awhile ago, I thought Nintendo had, or was going to make him stop this project?

7. wow, this looks pretty cool. looks just like LTTP. maybe i would've liked ocarina if it had been 2D from the get-go.

Whatever.

OoT rocked my face off... this game is unnecessary.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    looks just like LTTP.
    Sprite rips tend to have that effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icepick
    Whatever.

OoT rocked my face off... this game is unnecessary.
    Word.

10. Oot was a "running across a field" simulator. Oot had boring ass dungeons aswell. Making it into 2d won't really help it.