Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to look forward to this year?

1. Azumanga. Wolf's Rain. Memories. Tokyo Godfathers. Comic Party. Texhnolyze. Champloo. GitS SAC [though Manga's involvement has killed some potential interest.]

R.O.D. TV, hopefully?

Ugh. I'm praying that my refund check is bigger than usual.

[EDIT: While it's on my mind, ADV would be silly not to license FMP! Fumoffu. Leagues better than the original.]

2. Totoro: quick question, wasn't Pixar handling the translations for Ghibli products for Disney? If so, how will that affect this?

3. Pixar? I never heard about them translating, I just thought they were a computer animation studio.

I do know that Sandman writer and creator Neil Gaiman did the script/translation for the dub of priincess mononke.

I can't remember then name of that small film company, that I think Disney bought. I think they are the ones that handle the translations and what not.

4. Gunbuster for me, I'm slowly getting back into my anime, it's great.

5. I know John Lasseter of Pixar fame was pretty key in bringing over all the Ghibli/Miyazaki films... but I doubt Disney will change their tune much. Spirited Away won Disney too much acclaim to just pass on Howl's Moving Castle or whatever else Studio Ghibli does next.

And yea I'm really looking forward to Samurai Champloo, I didn't mention it since it was on that list. Or at least Samurai Champloon was