Thread: See All of the Posts Together At Once

1. See All of the Posts Together At Once

I think it'd be useful if, alongside the regular forums, Game On, Sound Off, Cinemania, etc, there was an optional forum that would simply display every post in every forum.

I don't look at most of the forums on the board or the news forum because there isn't enough stuff of interest to me there to make it worthwhile. If all of the posts were just massed together in one place, I'd be more likely to stumble forum posts that pique my interest, but were made in the forums I don't often look at.

I think this would also give us the option of making TNL a sort of gaming/entertainment/news blog, rather than just a message board. The blending of incongruous elements could be kind of interesting.

This is kind of an obvious suggestion, so I imagine it's been gone over before.

2. You can do something similar with the New Posts link, http://the-nextlevel.com/board/search.php?do=getnew. It's not quite what you were suggesting, but it makes for far less confusion, since most replies do not (and should not) quote the posts to which they are responding. On the default skin, the link is in the center of the forum navigation bar, just over the main area.