Thread: does the N64 expansion pak improve on ALL N64 games

1. does the N64 expansion pak improve on ALL N64 games

I went to funcoland & the bitchs still had n64 expansion paks for $27.99 USED with no box

I was thinking of getting it so I can replay Perfect dark & Zelda MM

But does the expansion pak work on every game like if I put it in & play mario kart64, will the fogging reduce, or the resolution/framerate will automatically be higher?????
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

2. Re: does the N64 expansion pak improve on ALL N64 games

Originally posted by WTFer420
    But does the expansion pak work on every game like if I put it in & play mario kart64, will the fogging reduce, or the resolution/framerate will automatically be higher?????
    No
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

No it doesn't enhance games that don't need it.

What a waste. It's like we got charged for developer laziness.

4. it doesn't enhance games that don't need it???
    huh?

EVERY N64 GAME NEEDS IT
    EITHER To boost resolution or reduce slow down etc!!!!!!!

so if the game wasn't made specifically with the expansion pak in mind then it won't do jackdiddly???
    & YET THAT STEAMING PILE OF CRAP IS STILL SELLING FULL PRICE?????
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

I meant to say "that don't support it".

It's pretty pathetic that games that use the expansion pack have frame rates as bad or worse than games that don't. Nintendo should have just put the RAM in there to begin with instead of forcing people to buy it (or the disappointing Donkey Kong 64) separately.

WTFer420 once sputtered... it doesn't enhance games that don't need it???
    huh?

EVERY N64 GAME NEEDS IT

so if the game wasn't made specifically with the expansion pak in mind then it won't do jackdiddly???
    & YET THAT STEAMING PILE OF CRAP IS STILL SELLING FULL PRICE?????
    Ah, such sweet rantings. Yes, most games made before the invention of the expansion pack do not support it, seeing as how it wasn't around yet to be supported. I guess you could argue that the companies involved should have had the foresight needed, but such is life. Remember when SNK made the 1MB RAM cart for the Saturn? Too bad older games couldn't use it. Remember when Capcom made the 4MB RAM cart? Too bad MSH and X-men: COTA couldn't use it.

I think you might have a problem with the poor N64 in general. There are plenty of great titles for that system, and yes, most of them don't need the expansion pack. Go buy Sin and Punishment to see one of the best in action.

I WILL agree with you *shudder* on one point, and that is that N64 paraphernalia is still way overpriced for what is, I think, a dead system. I'm still waiting for a price drop to pick up Paper Mario...
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Johnny Guest
    The system was pretty well balanced, the real fuckup would be using memory cards.

8. It's pretty pathetic that games that use the expansion pack have frame rates as bad or worse than games that don't.

how would more/slower RAM help increase speed?

+ I'm agreeing what Mzo said. Nintendo should have put all of the Gamecube's functionality and power into the famicom. That way, we wouldn't have to bother with those last two Nintendo systems.