Thread: Comic Party

1. Comic Party

Right Stuf is proud to announce our latest release: Comic Party DVD 1: A New World will be arriving on March 30th as both a Regular DVD 1 and in a DVD 1 + Limited Edition Slipcase Artbox Combo.

Destiny or delusion? It?s a rollercoaster of laughter and confusion when Taishi, the ultimate otaku, drags his friend Kazuki into the swirling world of ambition, hatred, and love ? the world of fan comics! Poor clueless Kazuki must sink or swim when he?s dumped straight into the middle of a massive comic convention. Lost amidst hoards of buyers, sellers, and cosplayers, Kazuki is about to be baptized by fire, all in order to lead him toward his true calling: to take over the world through fan comics!

Follow Kazuki as his journey takes him through the steps to becoming a master fan comic author - while spoofing everything along the way! From Gundam to Evangelion, from Initial D to Wedding Peach; if it?s part of the anime world, it?s all fair game!

The Limited Edition Artbox version comes complete with a high-quality, color lithographic slipcase featuring images of Comic Party?s main cast! PLUS, just because we love ya', if you buy the DVD 1 + Limited Artbox Combo here at TRSI, we'll set you up for the Taishi Special: a special deluxe Comic Party print, personally signed by Taishi's English voice actor, Liam O'Brien! (But remember, the Taishi Special is only available here!)

Anyone interestees? Caught an ep. at Otakon last year and it seemed to have some potential... I like the concept quite a bit.

Not to mention, I'll be interested to see how these DVDs compared to His and Her Circumstances...

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/62070/4/0/0

2. was wondering if anyone had picked this up and formed an opinion of it yet? I looked at the box at BB today. The set box is really nice, one of the best i've seen. The show looks like it could be fun too.

3. It's not bad. It's fun to see an anime focusing on doujinshi, despite it being pretty far-fetched. No difference though, because it's essentially a light parody, anyway.

As for the DVD... the cast interview is strangely hilarious. I mean, they're definitely a very odd and open bunch, those voice actors... they come out with the most bizarre things to say. The interview might even be the highlight of the entire DVD.

Give it a twirl.

I was ready to shy away from it at first after some questionable reviews.
    Newtype had the first episode in the April Issue though. It was absolutely hilarious. Definitely enough to convince me to give the series a chance eventually. If you want to give it a test drive, the issues out now.
    Taking it one day at a time.