Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Whoopee Camp?

1. What happened to Whoopee Camp?

I just finished Tomba 2 and I really enjoyed it. I was curious, what happened to Whoopee Camp? Did they close after Tomba 2? Change their name? Maybe release an obscure game most people don't know about? Anyone know?

2. Me and dj LOVED both Tomba and Tomba 2(more than first ).

Great, fun platformers, with cool characters and worlds, and evil, evil magical Pigs !.

It would be great to hear what happened to the developer, and if maybe there is hope for Tomba 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    evil, evil magical Pigs !.
    Leave Rosie O'Donnell out of this.

4. Well, I assume they're out of business, their official page is down...

http://www.whoopeecamp.co.jp/

Also, Kenji Kaido, the former former Capcom worker that started up Whoopee Camp, was the producer of Ico. Tomba 2 was released in 2000, and Ico was released in 2001. So, yeah, WC appears to be dead.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Yeah, they were bought up by SCEJ, and the team members were split apart an into other internal studios.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Yeah, they were bought up by SCEJ, and the team members were split apart an into other internal studios.
    Actually within SCEI, they formed Deep Space who made Extermination. I think later though, Deep Space was absorbed into Sugar & Rockets.

7. From Tomba to Extermination? That's quite a switch.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Yea I found Extermination to really be lacking in the humping pigs department...

9. That's a shame, but I expected it. Thanks for the info everyone.

10. Fuck.