Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So why no talk of the S - type Controller?

1. So why no talk of the S - type Controller?

Anyone else get this little beauty? I picked it up, and I must say it's great.

I wasn't the biggerst fan of the original controller; but it got the job done. The S is just the ticket I was looking for: better button placement, better rumble feature, more sensitive analog sticks (that are easier to press, Hello GunValkyrie!). So why haven't I seen any love for this?
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I have both controllers. The S-controller fixes all of the major problems the original had. I never thought the original was too big, but the S is a little nicer to hold. The orriginal had a terrible button layout for the 4 main buttons. I mean, I honestly think a blind monkey laid them out. What they were thinking, I'll never know. The S controller compleatly fixes that with the traditional SNES setup. Good. Some people say the black and white buttons are harder to reach on the S. Well, they were impossible to reach on the standard controller, so the S certainly isn't any worse. Why didn't they just go with the Genny/Saturn 6 button layout? Again, I'll never know. It's OK though because the main buttons are all easy to use now. The D-pad has been compleatly fixed and went from an absolute clunker straight to the D-pad hall of fame. Good job. The shape of the analog sticks has changed. Not better, not worse, just different. The analog sticks feel great on both controllers. Why were the start and back buttons moved to the lower left corner? Is that Xbox logo in the middle so important that it displaces two very important buttons? Get your priorities straight!

Complaints aside, I really think both controllers are great. Built like a tank = good.

3. Cause I'm too busy playing with it.

*mashmashmash*

4. Because I have big hands.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

5. I love mine. It goes a long way towards making the Xbox feel less like alien technology, and almost makes it accessable to the common person. Now if only they could come out with an Xbox S or Microsoft's Evil S.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. I like the S a lot. The placement of the ABXY buttons is a lot more intuitive, and the black & white buttons are better suited below, I think. However, I don't much like the placement of the start/select buttons...in the middle is best. I think it's perfect for DOA3, and I agree that GV just feels better with it.

However, I actually prefer the original. I have big hands and long fingers too, and the original is much more comfortable overall. I like those fat triggers. It's perfect for PGR and JSRF.

It's kind of like having a specialized controller for certain games...I'm glad that there's a choice. I hope MS doesn't start packing the S with the system and phasing out the original...

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

7. Um...cuz I am awaiting my complimentary copy and the chance to try it out first-hand (no pun intended) at E3. Based on the impressions I've gathered, this new version is MUCH better. Can't wait to give it a spin...

8. Simply put,

Xbox Controller S = Near Perfection

I wish there was a 2D fighter to (really) try out this beauty's D-pad though...

9. The Controller S kicks major ass. It's better than the original controller (which wasn't THAT bad), IMHO. The d-pad is a big adjustment, not as mushy as the original's. Just curious: those of you who say the original controller felt better because you have big hands/long fingers...how the hell do you play games using the GC or PS2 controller? The Controller S is still bigger than any other controller I've used (meaning packaged, not arcade stick, etc.) with only the DC and maybe the Nights analog being comparable in size.

10. Isn't the Dpad a work of art? I'm really blown away by it.