Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forbidden Iran

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Shit, what am I doing in college now? Donald Trump's taxes should be paying for my meals.
    They are. If not your meals, then part of the cost of your education.

But hell, why spend money at home when we could spend it a half a world aways on people who hate us no matter what we do?

Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    The only thing I want to add is that any so-called government that resorts to violence upon peaceful protestors (meaning a government ordered action) and sickening torture for not only prisoners, but political activists such as those students in that film should not exist - no matter who put them there, they need to be out NOW.
    I agree. Let's invade China ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    What I think we ought to do is:

1.) Stick around in Iraq.
    2.) Start funnelling arms to student/citizen revolutionary movements in Iran.
    3.) Send some Special Forces guys over there to start training the revolutionaries.
    4.) Vocally support the Iranian overthrow.
    5.) Watch the fireworks.

(This is only somewhat tongue-in-cheek)
    I can agree with that...all except the first part. But if all these Iranian rebels need is our blessing, I have no problem with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. They are. If not your meals, then part of the cost of your education.
    No... I mean, why am I in college trying to get an education when the government can just take care of me? If I go to school and work my ass off to become successful in some sort of fairlyland welfare state government, then theyre just gonna take all my money and give it to some poor person. I might as well be a poor person.

3. I feel one of the reasons (though unsaid obviously) for the Iraqi war was to be in a strategic position for Iran. I agree that the neutralization of the regime in Iran (bad choice of words but I have none other) would bring so much last ing beneficial impact to the middle east and to the world that it would make Iraq seem trivial. Though I don't know all the details, perhaps even most of them, I do know that an armed conflict against Iran would be the most devastating invasion since WW2. Their military has the power, training, and intelligence to do more harm against an occupation force (if they could invade in the first place). I don't know anymore, I just say screw em all, let's start some colonies on Luna. My 2cents although it's pry only worth a few pesos. :P

If any of this was rambly... I apologize, too much work and too little sleep makes James a rambly typer....

4. Quote Originally Posted by DaQuake
    I feel one of the reasons (though unsaid obviously) for the Iraqi war was to be in a strategic position for Iran. I agree that the neutralization of the regime in Iran (bad choice of words but I have none other) would bring so much last ing beneficial impact to the middle east and to the world that it would make Iraq seem trivial. Though I don't know all the details, perhaps even most of them, I do know that an armed conflict against Iran would be the most devastating invasion since WW2. Their military has the power, training, and intelligence to do more harm against an occupation force (if they could invade in the first place). I don't know anymore, I just say screw em all, let's start some colonies on Luna. My 2cents although it's pry only worth a few pesos. :P

If any of this was rambly... I apologize, too much work and too little sleep makes James a rambly typer....
    I've said it once before and I'll say it again. Iran does not have the armored forces and air force to even match wits with the US. Tanks and planes are a big part of modern war, true they could be hell on an occupation force but from what I've heard from my Iranian friend and some of the Iranians on this board the people are dying to get out from under the government.

I'm not quite sure how the US would go about this invasion (or the UN) but it would be a big dent in terrorism for one. If they don't stop messing around with nuclear weapons they will have problems with the UN.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    No... I mean, why am I in college trying to get an education when the government can just take care of me? If I go to school and work my ass off to become successful in some sort of fairlyland welfare state government, then theyre just gonna take all my money and give it to some poor person. I might as well be a poor person.
    If you want to live like a poor person, sure. Poor people aren't going to have the Internet and videogames and fancy cars. But they shouldn't starve or die from exposure either.

---

I'm not convinced that anyone outside of Iran or who is not Iranian gives a shit about Iran.

This is the same country that Saddam Hussein's toy soldiers owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.