Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: List of new price drops

1. Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash
    I-Ninja on GC comes with Pac-Man vs. yes? That'd be a purchase if I can find one.
    Nope. It came free with a pre-order.
    The only way to get it now is to buy the Players' Choice Pac Man World 2. Says it right on the front of the box.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Nope. It came free with a pre-order.
    The only way to get it now is to buy the Players' Choice Pac Man World 2. Says it right on the front of the box.
    Ew. Alright, thanks for info. I know it comes w/Pac-Man, I just don't want Pac-Man. The places near me were out of Pac vs. when I tried to pre-order.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic
    God will stab you if you don't buy these. Betcha Bombastic becomes a high-price eBay item in the future.
    He's lying.

Bombastic can't hold so much as a candle to Devil Dice, and I've never played Xi or Xi Jumbo, or whatever the sequels are called, but it's unlikely that Bombastic is better than those either.

I traded my Bombastic in. Good riddance.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    I doubt it, since Devil Dice never became one.
    Devil Dice was selling in the $45-$55 price range right before the annoucment that a version of DD was to be included in Bombastic, then it dropped like a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic
    God will stab you if you don't buy these. Betcha Bombastic becomes a high-price eBay item in the future.
    I doubt Bombastic will. There are alot of copies produced for a puzzle game. The core market for Bombastic was those who enjoyed DD and those who missed out on DD, and I hope that those people were/are smart enough to pick up a copy now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Devil Dice was selling in the $45-$55 price range right before the annoucment that a version of DD was to be included in Bombastic, then it dropped like a brick.
    I'm glad I got my copy at EB for 3.99 then.

New price drop: XIII is 29.99 for PC, PS2, and Xbox... I think the GC one is still 50 though
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. XIII is mine at 30. Lots of my buddies on Live have it and enjoy multi-player.
    It's all about the New York Islanders!!!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    I doubt Bombastic will. There are alot of copies produced for a puzzle game. The core market for Bombastic was those who enjoyed DD and those who missed out on DD, and I hope that those people were/are smart enough to pick up a copy now.
    Maybe so. It's a niche game with a cult following - seems like a blueprint for a future rarity. If you told me five years ago that I.Q. would be selling for upwards of $50 now, I admit I wouldn't have believed you. Good puzzle games are few and far between these days, and they age very well. It wouldn't surprise me if Bombastic is fetching $40 or so in 200X.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Bombastic can't hold so much as a candle to Devil Dice
    In a couple ways, I definitely agree. DD's Puzzle Mode is brilliant - I'd rather have an update of that instead of Bombastic's Story Mode, and DD's atmosphere is superior. But after playing Bombastic Mode, DD's basic mechanics feel rather...restrictive to me. I think they're both keepers, but for different reasons.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic
    Maybe so. It's a niche game with a cult following - seems like a blueprint for a future rarity.
    It very well could. I had it as one my list of current gen games that I feel will sell for crazy money down the road, that I put together about 6 months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    My domestic break-down

Most likely for sure will sell above original retail:

Disgaea -PS2

Steel Battalion XBox -duh!

Wouldn't doubt higher than retail:

Rez -PS2 (would have considered it a defient, if wasn't released on mulitiple systems, and wasn't so easy to play as an import.)

ICO -the love will catch on...eventually

Skies of Arcadia Legends GC- short print, great game

Maybe, Just maybe..:

Headhunter PS2- if the sequel rounds out, the low print may jump.

Boombastic PS2- you would think those who missed out on DD and paid threw the teeth, wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Probably not, but a chance:

VF4evo PS2- if I disappears quick, I wouldn't be suprised.

Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color PS2

Cubivore GC

Okage PS2- it's uniqueness could catch on.

Everblue 2 PS2 -ok I'm dreaming

9. Rez is already selling higher than it was at retail, and I doubt Disgaea will become rare because it seems to be one of Atlus's few titles that actually made a decent amount of copies for.

Alot of that stuff can be found for cheap at the used bargain bins of EB and Gamestop. I will give you Magic Pengel though, it had a unique idea and seemed to completely disappear, so I wouldn't be surprised if it resurfaced one day as a rarity.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    I'll buy the PC Armed & Dangerous when it's 19.99.
    Word. Same with Metal Arms, but for the Xbox.