Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any of these $9.99 PSX titles Stand Out?

1. Originally posted by Sqoon

No, they're not to be confused. Irritating Stick was published (and developed?) by Jaleco and was released several years ago at full price. It's based on the age-old carnival game where you move a stick through a track and if you hit the sides, you lose. The Japanese version is infinitely more fun because the commentator screams insults at you and tries to break your concentration.

The original MSRP was 9.99 but ones priced at 7.99 seem to be getting more and more common.
    You are correct, but the PSX game is actually ties to the Japanese TV show where contestants got electrocuted when the messed up. Thats where the announcer came from.

Originally posted by Clash_Master
    I purchased The Italian Job today, and all I can say is that this is by far the best $10 game you will ever buy. I would buy this game for $50 in a heart beat! Its just fantastic, I have never seen the movie that the game is based on (I ordered it though) but this game has sooo much to offer, I can't belive its a budget game!

You have the regular story mode, you do various missions and the like. But then there are 3 other modes to play that are just as fun. One is challange mode, where they give you a challange, like dooing certain jumps and such in a certain time.

Then there is Destructor Mode, which is basicaly a race against time kind of thing. You have to go from one point to the other, but you star with like on 8 seconds, and along the way there are cones you run over and they give you a few more seconds.

And the other is Check Point, this is also a race type thing, you have so much time and have to get to the check point before time runs out to get more time. There is also Free Run, which is just for drving around two MASSIVE citys! I can't belive how big the cities are and its on PSone. They are just as big as a part of Liberty city in GTA3, and thats not an exaggeration. The load times are a little long, but it loads a lot at once so no big deal.

Its astounding that a game that must have had a lot of work put into it is only $10, and will probably be looked over because of the unknown movie license, too bad. BUY IT NOW!!!
    Wow Thanks for the impressions Clash Master I hope others got to read your thoughts I can't wait to pick it up I hope it's not hard to come by.

Korian