Page 15 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe Movie

1. To The Gas: You're reaching.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Last l checked Destro's only loyalty to Cobra was to their checkbook. Isn't that the primary goal of an arm's dealer? What's next? Duke's secret passion for dancing will save the day? Thanks Hollywood for trainwrecking my favorite franchise!
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7211&dateline=1187920745

3. Script reviews here and here. Beware teh spoilarz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. First, The 'Joe team kinda sucks. Roadblock and Gung Ho plz. Yet Shipwreck ... awesome. Second, The Cobra's awesome. Crimson guard FTMFW! Now wheres Tomax and Zamont? I do like the fact all vehicles are CGI.
    Last edited by Advocate; 01 Feb 2008 at 02:07 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. No HISS tanks. Boo.

I didn't read the script review, but I did read the posts responding to it. Didn't sound bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    First, The 'Joe team kinda sucks. Roadblock and Gung Ho plz. Yet Shipwreck ... awesome. Second, The Cobra's awesome. Crimson guard FTMFW! Now wheres Tomax and Zamont?
    Cobra's always been far cooler anyway.

I do like the fact all vehicles are CGI.
    I don't. Build the real thing, motherfuckers.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. the military should build actual HISS tanks and use them, that would be too sweet. thats what i would do if i was President, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

7. I really want this movie to be good. More than I've wanted a movie to be good in a while. I don't even care if they fuck up the Joes, as long as they get Cobra perfect.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. This is the best news I've heard yet:
    Larry Hama Boards G.I. Joe!
    Written by IESB Staff
    Wednesday, 30 January 2008

The supreme authority of the G.I Joe universe gives Paramount and Stephen Sommers his blessing.

Essentially, the live action G.I. Joe film has just received the biggest endorsement that it could have possibly hoped for, Larry Hama has joined the production team as a creative consultant.

Mayimbe over at LatinoReview chimed in with the story today. Click here to read the details.

We have been hearing for a while that Director Stephen Sommers and Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura had an ace up their sleeve and Hama is it.

This is really great news for fans, let me explain. First, for those of you who don’t know who Larry Hama is, he has created some of the coolest characters in today's Joe universe including Snake Eyes, Destro, Scarlett, Cover Girl, Zartan and many more.

Click here for much more on Larry Hama over at Wikipedia.

This should really put fans mind to ease. With Larry Hama coming aboard, it’s a seal of approval from the one person who has invested 25 years of his career working on the G.I. Joe franchise.

Stay tuned for the latest G.I. Joe news…
    This is fucking awesome. Larry Hama worked closely with Hasbro on the toy line and also wrote every issue of the Marvel G.I. Joe series, which is exactly what this movie should be using as its blueprint. He basically is the man that made G.I. Joe what is is today.

For those unfamiliar with Larry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Larry Hama is best known as writer of the Marvel Comics licensed series G.I. Joe, based on the Hasbro line of military action figures. Hama said in a 2006 interview that he was given the job by then editor-in-chief Jim Shooter after every other writer at Marvel had turned it down.[2] Hama at the time had recently pitched a Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off series, Fury Force, about a daring special mission force. Hama used this concept as the back-story for G.I. Joe. He included military terms and strategies, Eastern philosophy, martial arts and historical references from his own background. The comic ran 155 issues (Feb. 1982-Oct. 1994).

Hama also wrote the majority of the G.I. Joe action figures' file cards—short biographical sketches designed to be clipped from the G.I. Joe and COBRA cardboard packaging.[3] In 2007 these filecards were reprinted in the retro packaging for the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero 25th Anniversary line.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Feb 2008 at 02:11 PM.

9. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

10. Larry Hama on board? There is hope for this movie. Unless he's completely lost it and he doesn't know shit when he sees it.