Page 3 of 138 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe Movie

1. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Have you seen the new cat-woman costume they have for Halle Berry?

It's terrible.
    This is not a Catwoman thread. Weenie.

Quote Originally Posted by Error
    Actually I think Michael Duncan Clark would make a cool Roadblock. As for Salma Hayek as the Baroness, I can see her dressed up as her (mmmmm), but I can't hear her talkin like the Baroness.
    Agreed on both counts. With her limited range there's way Salma could pull off that accent. Maybe they should dub her...

And frankly, while casting actors that physically fit the parts is important, it's just as improtant that they get the vehicles, weapons and uniforms right.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Not the original theme. That sucked compared to the movie theme.
    I always thought that would sound good if someone rocked out to it.

Unfortunately, the Miniboss cover of it sucked hard. Someone else do it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. The G.I. Joe movie sucked gaping asshole. The whole Cobra-la thing was beyond retarded.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. COBRA-LALALALALALALALALALAL!!!!

Sgt. Slaughter made it much more pleasing though. he gave Don Johnson guff and all that other shit he usually gives to maggots. and you can't forget Roadblock rapping and scashizzling with Cobra Commander while he was blind.

5. I wish theyd get an actual russian chick to play the Baroness....I mean, hayek is cool and all but they don't look very similar...

...I liked the GI Joe movie, i thought it was funny. The song did suck ass though, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. I just saw a commercial for this, the first part of season 1 is out on DVD now thanks to Rhino (the same people who do the TF sets). It's got 26 "uncut" episodes, plus extras.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

7. "Uncut"? Does that mean the Snake Eyes/Scarlett bukakke scene is back in??!

8. Oh, and I want snake deforming Cobra Commander in the movie. The world needs him to scream, "once was a man!" a dozen times more.

*guess that'll never happen. Looks to be a prequel-
    http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp...8&obj_id=40706
    pwned by Ivan

9. That looks like it would be pretty sweet....maybe. Here's hoping.

10. IGNFilm-
    The May issue of ToyFare Magazine features an exclusive interview with G.I. Joe producer Lorenzo DiBonaventura wherein he reveals that he's long been a "huge fan" of 12 inchers over those puny 3 3/4 inchers. Of course, the Hollywood heavyweight is talking about his preference for the classic G.I. Joe dolls over the action figures of the 1980s.

"There are a lot of different ways that the audience has connected with G.I. Joe [over the years]," DiBonaventura advised ToyFare, "so, we're going to do our best to honor as many as we can."

He confirmed that G.I. Joe will feature an updated take on Cobra Command, as well as origins for a few key characters. The producer also promised that fans are "definitely going to see ninja and martial arts aspects in the story."

"It's been an education for me in reading the comic books and seeing the shows and getting to know the characters that I wasn't familiar with growing up," said DiBonaventura. "We've been trying to get inside Duke, who will be our lead character, and fleshing out what Duke stands for, what his internal fears are and trying to craft a story that highlights that and plays off that."

Michael Gordon's script focuses "on Duke and [newcomer] Rex, and, essentially, the conflict that Rex represents for all of the Joes and specifically to Duke."

While DiBonaventura wants G.I. Joe to be a PG or PG-13 rated "self-contained" story, the prospect of sequels is obviously on everyone's mind. That means the first film must be successful. Does the producer think a movie about the U.S. military will be embraced by foreign audiences who aren't exactly lovin' Uncle Sam these days? "What (the Joes) stand for, and what Duke stands for specifically in the movie, is something that I'd like to think a worldwide audience might connect with."

My idea for casting Baroness: Monica Belluci.
    pwned by Ivan