Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7888909192

Thread: Ninja Gaiden: Official Thread

1. It let's you start from the beggining with all the shit you finished with.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

2. 5 hours in fuckers!

Take that. You all might have finished it a year ago, but not me! HAHA!~

3. Quote Originally Posted by NApOLm321
    It let's you start from the beggining with all the shit you finished with.

cool so i gives me the chances to beat earlier bosses ith the leveled up weapons, sweet. i just might have to give the game a shot again on progressive mode.

4. Take that. You all might have finished it a year ago, but not me! HAHA!~
    Just wait til you get to Hard mode.

My favorite part about this game is the drastic change with each difficulty.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Just wait til you get to Hard mode.

My favorite part about this game is the drastic change with each difficulty.
    Fuck that, I only do one play through of most games.

6. Does Ninja Gaiden Black have this "successive play"? Or is it exclusive to the first edition?

7. Black does not, but it has a host of other changes. The ONLY reason not to get black is if you MUST have the ninja gaiden trilogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

8. I beat Ninja Gaiden Black last night and I'm not really impressed.

My full thoughts are in the completetion thread http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showpost.php?p=1063744615&postcount=687 .

To sum it up, this game suffers from really poor level design, crappy control when not fighting, forgettable enemy and boss designs, perhaps the worst music heard in a game in recent years and the fact that it's about 15 hours too long.

7.5/10.0 and it only manages that because the combat engine is fantastic. Really, that's all this game has going for it.
    Last edited by PKBMax; 03 Nov 2006 at 11:17 AM.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

9. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    I beat Ninja Gaiden Black last night and I'm not really impressed.

My full thoughts are in the completetion thread http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showpost.php?p=1063744615&postcount=687 .
    I enjoyed NGB a lot more than you did, although I can agree to some of your comments. Boss fights are forgettable? Because of their unforgiving nature, I found them to be quite memorable.

You probably wouldn't ever consider this but when I started NGB on Hard, I gained a deeper respect for NGB. Some of the enemies are upgraded: ninjas wearing different color suits with all new attacks. Some of the enemies are replaced: Entirely different enemies that don't resemble older ones in any way. Bosses are upgraded. And on even higher difficulty levels, you'll even have different bosses. Items are also located differently, so you won't have as many elixirs. You also can't rely on having the same weapons at any given time. So the game is remixed very well on the higher difficulties.

I enjoyed NGB on Normal. But it was on Hard where I really loved it. (Working on Very Hard now...)

10. You probably wouldn't ever consider this but when I started NGB on Hard, I gained a deeper respect for NGB. Some of the enemies are upgraded: ninjas wearing different color suits with all new attacks. Some of the enemies are replaced: Entirely different enemies that don't resemble older ones in any way. Bosses are upgraded. And on even higher difficulty levels, you'll even have different bosses. Items are also located differently, so you won't have as many elixirs. You also can't rely on having the same weapons at any given time. So the game is remixed very well on the higher difficulties.
    Same. I was pretty surprised to see how much work went into it, rather than a simple more enemies/more damage/more HP deal. I think I stopped on Alma, though. =/