Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed coming to Cartoon Network

1. Puyo Gundam Seed coming to Cartoon Network

From Anime News Network:

Following a week of media reports that, in addition to several new shows announced earlier this month, Cartoon Network would be adding Gundam Seed to its programming in late April, Cartoon Network has confirmed to ANN that they will indeed be airing the newest addition of the Gundam franchise and that it is scheduled to being on the Saturday Action block on April 17th.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

2. Cool, that's the same month "Wolf's Rain" is going to air on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim ^..^

Wolf's Rain will premiere on Adult Swim beginning Saturday, April 24, at 11 p.m. (e/p)

3. The sweetness! Two more shows I can watch for free!
    * waits for the bittorrent comments *

4. Hmmmm.... I've never watched any Gundam, maybe I'll give this one a shot to start out.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno Gigas
    Hmmmm.... I've never watched any Gundam, maybe I'll give this one a shot to start out.
    I wouldn't suggest it, SEED got really bad reviews if I remember correctly. Start with a different gundam, anything from the one year war to start.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    I wouldn't suggest it, SEED got really bad reviews if I remember correctly. Start with a different gundam, anything from the one year war to start.
    Newtype USA has been all over the series for the past year, but I guess that could just mean that's its a very marketable series and not necessarily a good series.

Gundam 08th MS Team is getting a DVD re-release of sorts in March (due to Bandai's distribution changes), with each volume going for $20 MSRP. That might be a good Gundam show to start with, because its supposed to be one of the best (I liked the half that I saw).

7. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    Newtype USA has been all over the series for the past year, but I guess that could just mean that's its a very marketable series and not necessarily a good series.

Gundam 08th MS Team is getting a DVD re-release of sorts in March (due to Bandai's distribution changes), with each volume going for $20 MSRP. That might be a good Gundam show to start with, because its supposed to be one of the best (I liked the half that I saw).
    08th MS Team is one of my favorites, but for someone new to Gundam, I'd recommend a show that has actual Gundams in it 0083 is good, however, and is Char's Counterattack (but that requires previous knowledge as well.) Some of my favorites, such as Z Gundam and Gundam F-90 haven't been released in the US, so I can't recommend those unless you want to get the boot with the english subs (which are pretty good).

Those are just to get you into Seed, since those are all set in the same universe (not too sure about F-90 though). Stuff like Gundam Wing and G-Gundam are from alternate universes, where Gundams are high powered killing machines instead of strategic elements of war.

I recommend getting the 0079 three movie set, as it's a bit easier to stomach than 50 or so episodes of the original.

I'm just amazed CN decided to take SEED over something like Z Gundam, but I guess it's because SEED is "new and fresh". Espically since Z Gundam has alot more marketing capability for Bandai (cooler mobile suit models and toys, the AEUG vs Titans video game coming soon, among other things).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Start with a different gundam, anything from the one year war to start.
    Translate this into a series title. Then I'll give it a shot.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

9. Quote Originally Posted by Xeno Gigas
    Translate this into a series title. Then I'll give it a shot.
    I'd say the 0079 three movie set. It's basacially the very first gundam series (0079) but condensed into three movies, and it looks a bit better as well. Also a bit better on the wallet.

08th MS Team is good, but dosen't feature any Gundams, just regular mobile suits (called GM's). I still think it's one of the best in the series though.

0083 is good, lots of Gundam action there, plus some good characters and plotline.

And once you've watched 0079 and get a feel for the characters, Char's Counterattack is a good movie.

I pick all of these just because they are in the same timeline as Seed, so it'll give you a good feel for it once Seed hits.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss

What Reviews are you talkinag baout.. SEED has gotten nothing but Praise, this is the best new Serries since proabbly zeta Infact its kind of a re telling of the orignal UC storyline. I would suggest this over most of the crap Cartoon Network has shown Gundam Wise.. Wing/G/SD...

P.S. Seed Rocked, I think all check out the english version just to see what they change, and voices they use for Kira, Athrun and co...