Page 1 of 59 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman info and partial script review

1. Batman info and partial script review

Seen this at AICN today. The guy reviewing it is kind of an ass, and giving it 5 stars out of 4 just seems rediculous. Still, it goes along with alot of what's been reported on before, so maybe it's legit.
    http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptre...pt-review.html

This is a plot outline that Dark Horizons had up a few weeks ago-
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040108e.php

And some recent news involving the Batmobile (which looks to be wide and bulky instead of long)
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040130a.php

Someone before said it has elements from Year One, and it seems they're right. The incident with the bats in the well, for instance. More focus on Bats, lots of flashbacks (reminds me of the Al Ghul episode of the animated series), a love interest that's not an idiot...looking good.
    pwned by Ivan

2. guy pierce AND christian baile? cool

almost all of the film is set around Gotham City (there's no mention of London) though there's numerous flashbacks to the past and early on the footage is set around a mountain monastery in China
    The Scarecrow is referred to only as Jonathan Crane who is the head of medicine at Arkham Asylum. There's a clever origin story to the fear toxin, and at certain points he covers his head in a sack/mask for protection
    omfg, I'm excited!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Casting. First of all, Morgan Freeman is no longer up for Lucious Fox, but is up for Gordon. Initially he was, but when Chris Cooper refused, Nolan turned to Freeman. Cillian Murphy will play Jonathan Crane, and Katie Homes as Harvey Dents assisstant Rachel. Harvey Dent has yet to be casted, having Guy Pearce be the only one test for that. The role of Earle has been brought up to several people, none of them rather big name stars, but lesser known character actors. Same goes for Boss Carime Falcone. Lucius Fox is also still undecided.
    Hmm...Harvey Dent? Thank god, this movie seems to be ignoring the Schumacher bombs...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Katie Holmes as an assistant? Come on short skirts! WOO!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    guy pierce AND christian baile? cool
    Pierce was up for someone's role, but declined. So did Viggo Mortenson and Chris Cooper. Looks like the guy from 28 Days Later is playing Crane.
    pwned by Ivan

7. Uh-oh

Crime boss Carmine Falcone is going to be in this? Awesome. For those of you who read Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb's Batman : The Long Halloween TPB - you know what I mean. One of the best Batman stories out there...

8. The Scarecrow is referred to only as Jonathan Crane who is the head of medicine at Arkham Asylum. There's a clever origin story to the fear toxin, and at certain points he covers his head in a sack/mask for protection
    /echoes Mzo's statment of OMFG!
    The scarecrow is one of my favs, good to see he's getting screen time. So far I have nothing to complain about, this just keeps sounding better and better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Hmph. Damn. I was all going to boycot this one. Crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Hmph. Damn. I was all going to boycot this one. Crap.
    Er, why? The first news of it was that it was being directed by Christopher Nolan, then Christian Bale was announced as Bats. When did it ever look bad?
    pwned by Ivan