Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4555575859

Thread: Batman info and partial script review

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Like I said, I couldn't concentrate. I had been out running errands when I got redirected into helping someone move which meant I had to skip dinner which made me tired, a little sore, wasted the entire chunk of my day I had set aside for playing with my new guitar equipment (which I couldn't get home to until after the movie... which was so late that now I can't use it without headphones, blah), and so I didn't even care when it was time to go. I decided to go ahead anyway because otherwise that would've been the third time I skipped out on seeing this because I didn't feel like watching it and I felt like otherwise I'd just put it off indefinately. It being $5 and free popcorn night didn't hurt, either.

Alrighty then.

2. Well, all I can say to that Mech is go see it again next week for 5 bucks again. It is worth it. And if some girls start up, make some loud noise of disgust and then move if they dont shut up.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I've yet to go to the clifton commons, but I've been to the loews in wayne, and it wasn't too bad. But theaters around me now down in Ocean County fucking suck so damn much. The sound cracks in and out and image quality is poor. I wish the movie industry would move away from film projection and go to digital, or ideally, giant lcd/hdtv screens or something. I know it would drive up prices, but I wouldn't mind paying it if it meant that the colors on the screen wouldn't be so dull, washed out and muted.

I think the loews is shit too personally

the only thearter I like around here is the clifton commons one and I wish they would go all digital

I agree man traditional film stock projection needs to be dropped, it's 2005 it's time to go digital, I can't stand regular projection any more

unless your seeing the film for the very very very very very very first showing ever meaning you work for the fucking thearter and watching it before everyone else, then theres going to be hair and dirt and dust on the film stock, and fuck it if your going to see a movie a month or two after its out it's horrible

I can get such a nicer audio/visual experience at home and with the rise in people owning nicer tv sets and good dvd players and surround sound systems being dirt fucking cheap, it's no wonder ticket sales are down IMHO
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Been seeing this a bunch recently since we play it at work all the time and Christian Bale still seems out of place to me as Bruce Wayne. He makes a really great Batman (love that voice) and he's a good actor, but his face has no distinguishing characteristics and I still mistake him for an extra in a lot of scenes. It's probably just me but he does absolutely nothing for me as Bruce, and Katie Holmes just bugs me for reasons that I'm not even sure about.

Everyone else is phenomenal, and Liam Neeson's beard doesn't seem to bother me on the small screen. There is a damned lot of white people in that movie, though, and I still think Lucian Fox was an import.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Been seeing this a bunch recently since we play it at work all the time and Christian Bale still seems out of place to me as Bruce Wayne. He makes a really great Batman (love that voice) and he's a good actor, but his face has no distinguishing characteristics and I still mistake him for an extra in a lot of scenes. It's probably just me but he does absolutely nothing for me as Bruce, and Katie Holmes just bugs me for reasons that I'm not even sure about.
    That could be because, storyline wise, he really hasn't become Bruce Wayne yet. He doesn't know what being Bruce Wayne means at this point, like how to act or what to do. Just like he has to learn how to be Batman and what fitting into that role means, he has to do the same for his "real" life.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.