Thread: Great article/post about fighting games

1. Great article/post about fighting games

http://www.video-opera.com/features/f0013.php

Just thought it would be interested for any hardcore fighting game fans.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. Neat little article there, and it made my head hurt with all of the analysis, hooray!
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Nice. Never heard of the "yomin" thing before. I didn't know CvsSnk2 was that broken, either.
    pwned by Ivan

4. cvs2 is the bane of balance. as the people in Cali would put it, that game is "hella" broken.

On a related note, Mzo and company...when do you folks wanna thrown down?

Nice little article there. I love the last part about the Ratio 4 Rock...too true. Kinda like when I play the game, I NEVER use Ratio 4 Ryu. If I do, that means you pissed me off, and you're gonna die.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. [...]even if you do work twice as hard as the scrubby overpowered Geese player and manage to beat him with your Ryu, there's no way you're going to do it with very much life left, whereas it's very likely that he will beat your Ryu down and end the fight with over 50% life left.
    I honestly can't stand it when people seriously play with boss characters. It's good for fun when playing with a friend or against another boss character, but against another person in an arcade... no. The first time I played SvC, I went through a few matches with the arcade hierarchy as Terry, there, but was taken down by a Goenitz-player who scrubbed me to death with the wind column-things. I dunno if there was a way around it, but the guy seemed to get a little too much pleasure out of ending my streak with the boss character. I know that game isn't exceptionally balanced to begin with, but that's just absurd. It's not even fun.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Nice little article there. I love the last part about the Ratio 4 Rock...too true. Kinda like when I play the game, I NEVER use Ratio 4 Ryu. If I do, that means you pissed me off, and you're gonna die.
    pfft. log online so I can own you.

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I honestly can't stand it when people seriously play with boss characters. It's good for fun when playing with a friend or against another boss character, but against another person in an arcade... no. The first time I played SvC, I went through a few matches with the arcade hierarchy as Terry, there, but was taken down by a Goenitz-player who scrubbed me to death with the wind column-things. I dunno if there was a way around it, but the guy seemed to get a little too much pleasure out of ending my streak with the boss character. I know that game isn't exceptionally balanced to begin with, but that's just absurd. It's not even fun.
    Well, this article is all about top level play from what i can tell, so, they will use whatever char they want (most people who play tourneys do this, im not one of them). But, the article supports you, if you beat that goenitz player with your terry, many props, if you lose, its whats to be expected.

9. That's why everyone should screw all other fighting games and play Virtua Fighter.

10. Don't play lion or goh, they are both pretty bad i hear. ;-)