Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suikoden 2, is this a nice price?

1. suikoden 2, is this a nice price?

ok, was at eb the other day and i saw a pre-owned suikoden 2 for 61.00, that kind of high for a preowned, but given its rarity and what was its high ebay value, is this a good buy(and yes i plan on checking out the disc, to make sure it was not used as a scratching post.)? i do plan on going through it before trying to ebay it, but would this be a possibly profitable enterprise, or should i keep looking?

note: I was unsure about which forum to put this in, but given this is for deals and purchasing decisions, I figured I would put it here, it there is a better place, move as you wish mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

2. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    ok, was at eb the other day and i saw a pre-owned suikoden 2 for 61.00, that kind of high for a preowned, but given its rarity and what was its high ebay value, is this a good buy(and yes i plan on checking out the disc, to make sure it was not used as a scratching post.)? i do plan on going through it before trying to ebay it, but would this be a possibly profitable enterprise, or should i keep looking?

note: I was unsure about which forum to put this in, but given this is for deals and purchasing decisions, I figured I would put it here, it there is a better place, move as you wish mods.
    It's a bit lower than Ebay prices, which still command a 80-100 dollar price point I believe. Anyways, if you want Suikoden 2 and everything looks ok, might as well get it for 61 rather than go through Ebay and pay some horrible shipping cost of 6-8 dollars.

SUPAAAA EDIT: I did the leg work for you, and checked what alot of Suikoden 2's just sold for, and I was right, it's still going for 80-100 most of the time. At 61 bucks, you're saving at least 20 bucks + shipping costs, so if Suikoden 2 interests you, this is a sign then.

I guess they finally caught onto how rare it was, I just found my copy I got from EB the other day and mine was 45 back in the day, and when I had bought it the clerk told me that they just upped the price from 20 something to 45 and he wasn't sure.

It's odd how they latch onto two "rare" titles like SOTN and Suikoden 2 and set such high prices, but true gems can be found at EB in the 3-5 dollar range (like Raiden Project).
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

Depends on how bad you wanna play it. I wouldn't pay that price unless it was 100 percent complete and mint, no cracks in case etc and it would surpise me if EB would have one in that condition.

I'd get 25% off on it.

I wish I could find one at EB
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korian
    Depends on how bad you wanna play it. I wouldn't pay that price unless it was 100 percent complete and mint, no cracks in case etc and it would surpise me if EB would have one in that condition.
    All of my "rare" ps one games I've gotten at EB have been flawless, including Suikoden 2. If the case is cracked, it's easy as hell to take the inserts out of a broken case and put them into a new case (just gut a music cd case).

Don't listen to the above post, 61 dollars is a deal over what you'd find on Ebay, even if it is a small one. And if you've got the 10% off card, you're looking at about 55-56 bucks (this damn card has more than made up for it's tiny 10 dollar price everytime I shop at EB)

Suikoden 2 is a damn excellent RPG, and look at like this. Alot of next gen games are 50 bucks, and Suikoden 2 is about three times as good as 90% of the shit that's on the shelf selling for 50 dollars brand new.

I suppose it is a good deal then, of course it's not as good as the sealed one I have but that was bought at regular retail for $40 at Gamestop a few years back. Wether I ever play it is another story but the prices the game goes for are too high and inflated.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korian
    I suppose it is a good deal then, of course it's not as good as the sealed one I have but that was bought at regular retail for $40 at Gamestop a few years back. Wether I ever play it is another story but the prices the game goes for are too high and inflated.
    Supply and demand.

8. thank you guys very much for the help. rouf, you got the info i was hoping for, good man. if its still there tommorow, its mine, thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

Actually you might have better luck hitting the pawn stores that sell PS1 games at a flat rate, they ususally don't know what they have. You can find some great games there.

Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss

Suikoden 2 is a damn excellent RPG, and look at like this. Alot of next gen games are 50 bucks, and Suikoden 2 is about three times as good as 90% of the shit that's on the shelf selling for 50 dollars brand new.
    Fuck man, it's better than 100% of everything else. I seriously consider SII to be the best game of all time--the story/gameplay is just that damned good.