Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Horrible Localization

1. Yet Another Horrible Localization

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=4584
    I have absolutely no interest in the show, but 4Kids entertainment must be stopped. They already fucked up Shaman King...

2. So because they renamed it "Hollywood" instead of "Tokyo" is that really bad?... I admit Hollywood is a stupid name, but I don't see how it's any worse now because of that name change... unless there is a lot more then that.

But do kids watch it because they know it's from Japan, or because it's a show that interests them...

I know a lot of people get angry over some of the smallest changes... while they may be stupid changes I don't see how some of them would ruin the shows all together...

It's going to be edited hard, the DVD releases will suck donkey nuts with only a horrible English track, etc.

Not that I care or have even heard of this series, mind you.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    It's going to be edited hard, the DVD releases will suck donkey nuts with only a horrible English track, etc.

Not that I care or have even heard of this series, mind you.
    That's my basic complaint and opinion of the series, summed up in one, tiny post by Mzo. I really could care less about the series, but people who would like to watch it only have a shit English dub to watch with significant cuts. Just like what happened to Shaman King. That series is awesome, but no news of DVDs yet and the translation is AWFUL.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    That's my basic complaint and opinion of the series, summed up in one, tiny post by Mzo. I really could care less about the series, but people who would like to watch it only have a shit English dub to watch with significant cuts. Just like what happened to Shaman King. That series is awesome, but no news of DVDs yet and the translation is AWFUL.
    You know that localisations are that bad when groups preemtivetly create FAN DUBS before the series is released. While I have yet to see the Naruto fan dub, it is really something to thhink about.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    You know that localisations are that bad when groups preemtivetly create FAN DUBS before the series is released.
    I don't think that is why they do them

7. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    You know that localisations are that bad when groups preemtivetly create FAN DUBS before the series is released. While I have yet to see the Naruto fan dub, it is really something to thhink about.
    The Naruto fan dub was horse crap. Stay away from it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hair
    The Naruto fan dub was horse crap. Stay away from it.
    Ugh. Thanks for the warning.

9. i've only heard about the Naruto fandubs. makes me want to see them even more knowing how bad it is.

10. I'm really worried about getting a proper DVD release of Astroboy. They didn't butcher it for TV or anything (the dub is actually good) but they changed the music and some character names and I'm worried they won't include a japanese track for the DVDs.

Don't make me buy HKs. Please, don't make me buy HKs.