Thread: Modded Japanese Cube for sale.

1. Modded Japanese Cube for sale.

eBay decided to take my modded Cube auction down despite the fact that it doesn't violate the letter of their rules. It's a professionally modded Japanese unit, with a simple toggle switch that determines the bootup region. Indigo model, comes with docs, box (box is worn), 1 controller and necessary hookups. The top has a bit of sticker residue from when it was modded, but it's pretty minor.

$100 shipped OBO. I'm also willing to trade...I'm looking for Starfi (1), Hajime no Ippo GBA, and Border Down.

My other stuff is up on auction, click the link in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. Well, what was in the description? It could of been the way you described it. When they took off one of my auctions, all I did was re-word whatever it was and it sold.

3. I said it was modded, but I explained it was switch-modded in the description. I'm sure I can sell it as an ordinary Cube but it wouldn't be worth as much.

I'd just as soon sell it for a bit less here and not have to deal with eBay again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. Thats the problem right there. Never say "modded" or anything that resembles it. What you can say is " there is no territorial lock" or "with a flip of a switch, you can switch between regions". There are people who are like moderators on eBay who kinda work for eBay but are also regular eBay users like us. So they look for things like this. I even included the picture of the switch and no problems. You can try putting "US/JPN (or Japan or Japanese)" in your auction title (whichever fits) or just put "MORE". Either way, it will get more people to look.

5. I've had auctions pulled for switch-modded systems, even though I was very careful to avoid incriminating words. Even my PC Engine converter, which is totally irrelevant to the modern gaming industry, was yanked.

Ebay explicitly states that they don't allow any sort of device that plays imports, or system that's modified to do so, regardless of the piracy issue. So, although it's unfair, they're not contradicting their own rules.

In my experience, the demand for my modded stuff on forums has always been good enough that I don't miss Ebay anyhow.

6. soooo tempted.....dont have $100 tho