Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Azumanga Daioh [US Release]

1. What voices I heard sounded fitting.
    Can't wait.

2. I'm MCcited! MChumor! MCservice! MCdaioh!
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Normally, I think people who buy these stupid anime special boxes need to be ridiculed, but even I will probably get this one.

Then, of course, I'll throw the box in the trash, and keep the pins.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Normally, I think people who buy these stupid anime special boxes need to be ridiculed, but even I will probably get this one.

Then, of course, I'll throw the box in the trash, and keep the pins.
    Disregarding the irony, it's nice to have a home for a set of DVDs. It helps keep things organized and makes the physical presence of the DVDs a nice, single, discrete entity.

5. I concur. Everything's neat and tidy.
    The quality of the boxes has been kinda cruddy recently, though. The best I've seen is definitely the Berserk Box of War. The worst has to be the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure box. Bleh.

6. Ugh, yeah, Abenobashi's box was barely above cereal-box quailty. I felt like I was going to rip it when removing DVDs. ADV should pay more attention to Geneon.

I've been interested in this one ever since that I saw the trailer on this month's newtype DVD. Seems like it should be hilarious. As for boxes, part fo me wants them for organizations sake, but I usually never end up getting them.
    Taking it one day at a time.

Well, I got to see the first eqisode of Azumanga in the Apr. issue of Newtype. It was funny but seemed to jump around too much. Descent enough for me to give it a chance though.
    Taking it one day at a time.