Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: Azumanga Daioh [US Release]

1. Alright, episodes 4 and 5 stepped it up. It looks like this should get good. I like chiyo and osaka the best so far.

Sakaki and Yomi really remind me of Naru and Motoko from Love Hina.

2. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    If you haven't seen the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya, I think you'd like it a lot.
    Can't wait for that shit to drop this month.

3. I started watching this series like two years ago, then stopped cold for unknown reasons. I'm digging in now, and committed to getting through an episode a night until I'm done. I'm at the half-way point, and couldn't be more pleased.

Mother of pearl, the cuteness. It's completely overwhelming sometimes. I mean, it's a comedy, and there are funny jokes and such of course, but I find I'm squealing in glee and smiling uncontrollably at the countless little pressure pockets of un-distilled cuteness. Too many to even start giving examples.

But I will say that Chiyo-chan is just ridiculous overall. Especially that whole episode devoted to her ("Chiyo-chan's day"), where it shows her waking up, cooking her lunch, walking to school, etc., to finally going to sleep early (with her hair undone out of the trademark pigtails) because she's too tired to stay up late and watch TV like the older kids. Most. Kawaii. Stuff. Ever.

Even just the credits, where Chiyo is walking with her dog, and they smile and turn to look at each other at the same time. I can't take it!

These cute-isms tickle me in a place nothing else can touch. It's like I have some gene that wakes up and starts dancing when exposed to extreme cuteness. It's so strong sometimes, it hurts my heart. I love it.