Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Gear

1. Game Gear

First of all, are all the game gear games and systems I see all over the place rereleased by Majesco? The games are only 9.99 everywhere I go, and the systems are 29.99. I have 2 game gears at home, but neither are in the best of shape (thats back when I always brought my portable systems with me, boy I was CRAZY ). I'm thinking about buying another. Thoughts? Any suggestions on games to check out? Try to specify if the game you are speaking of was rereleased or if I have to scour ebay for it. Dammit, I was doing so good saving money too :/

I remember when I first bought the Game Gear, what bliss. How I hope it standed the test of time. Oh, and it just occurred to me now, they ATE batteries didn't they, oh well, I'll track down an AC adapter.

sega-parts.com still has a decent selection of games. I liked the Game Gear Sonic.

Korian

There is also a Shining Force game on the system that is, supposedly, very good.

So what's the scoop on Panzer Dragoon Mini? a rare import?

Korian

5. The game gear has definitely stood the test of time.
    Most games on it still outshine the Game Boy Color games.
    Shining Force is excellent, as are Defenders of Oasis and Crystal Warriors.
    Road Rash on that system looks almost as good as the Genesis version.
    I also recommend both Shinobi games, ninja Gaiden, Chase H.Q., Fantasy Zone, Streets of Rage 2, Halley Wars, ALL DISNEY GAMES-Jungle Book, Alladin, and Deep Duck Trouble were rereleased, Adventures of Batman and Robin, Arena: Maze of Death, Super Space Invaders, Sonic Labyrinth and Chaos, Revenge of Drancon, Bust a Move, and more that I can't think of right now.

edit: thought of two more: Megaman (good luck finding that..cheap) and Baku Baku.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    yes the $30 systems are the Majesco rereleases and Frogger was the last game released stateside (by Majesco no less). and yes, panzer mini is a rare import only.

7. I don't know. Other than a few Sega games (most which were watered-down Genesis games like Sonic and Streets of Rage anyway), almost everything was pretty horrible.

This is the number one reason to own a Game Gear: The Master Gear Converter.

The Sonic games are great, especially Sonic Chaos. And the 2 Shinobi games are excellent and easily better than any platform games on the original Game Boy.

9. I highly enjoyed Streets of Rage on the Game Gear. How they got the game gear to produce such brilliant music for that game is beyond me.

Also, I'd like to note. If anyone has seen the movie surf ninjas, the kid has a game gear in that game. Anyways, the game he is playing looked pretty cool, so I decided to pick up surf ninjas for the game gear when I was a kid, and I was utterly disapointed. The game is nothing like the one on the movie. Bah, pong has better gameplay than that game. Sorry...still sore about that

10. Oh by the way, does anyone here own the add-on for the game gear where you can watch tv on it? If so, how was it? Probably shortened the battery span to about .30 seconds.