Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9111213

Thread: Your 10 Favorite Shows Evar!

1. 1. Kids in the Hall- aside from the massive overload of gay skits in the late seasons, very innovative and disturbing show.
    2. Insomniac with Dave Attell- Love Dave Attell and this is a warped bit of tourism.
    3. Ed, Edd, and Eddy- Can't put my finger on it but this show never gets old to me.
    4. Cowboy Bebop- Always worth a half hour.
    5. Farscape- On the inconsistent basis I see it.
    6. Dave Chapelle Show
    7. Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    8. Jackass
    9. The Maxx
    10. Simpsons- though I'm really burned out on them.

*-neo

2. 1.Iron Chef (Still my favorite show on the air)
    2.Married...with Children (So many hilarious quotes)
    3.The Simpsons (Seasons 1 through 8)
    4.Cops
    5.Batman:The Animated Series
    6.SportsCenter
    7.Bobby's World
    8.Tiny Toon Adventures & Animaniacs (Tie)
    9.Insomniac with Dave Attell (Funniest show on T.V.)
    10.Reading Rainbow

Some that I can think of off the top of my head

1. The venture Brothers
    2. Kim Possible
    3. The animated Batman
    4. Samurai Jack

Eh those are the only ones I can think of right now. I like a lot of shows, but those are the only 4 that i can watch any ep from and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    strangely enough, i nearly put that down. i always thought it was funny that their magic items were kind of weak when you thought about it, outside of the ranger's bow and the barbarian's club,and maybe the mage's hat, none of them were that impressive. but for its time it was cool, i actually have a "choose your own adventure" book that i got long ago where you played the cavelier's younger brother and rescue a golden dragon.
    I found it funny they tried to pass that shit off as new in last years saturday morning line up.

"THE NEW D&D CARTOON, THIS SATURDAY MORNING!!!!!!"

it was the same old mess.

4. Of the top, in NPO:

1.) The Real Ghostbusters
    2.) The Cosby Show
    3.) Three's Company (the misunderstandings )
    4.) Batman: The Animated Series
    5.) Knight Rider
    6.) Mama's Family (My mom and I would watch this together and laugh our asses off)
    7.) In Living Color
    8.) The Simpsons
    9.) Conan O' Brien (Walker: Texas Ranger Lever!)
    10.) WWF Raw (94'-98' run)

5. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    Some that I can think of off the top of my head

1. The venture Brothers
    2. Kim Possible
    3. The animated Batman
    4. Samurai Jack
    No offense, but that sounds like the list of an 8 year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. 1.The Andy Griffith Show, for me hands down (the Don Knotts years anyways. Afte he left the show it got pretty bland. No Barney in TAGS is like Seinfeld without Kramer) You may think "Oh, simple country comedy." Wrong. This show was way ahead of its time in acting and writing. Whether it be Andy and Barney sitting in his office talking, being funny but reacting to each other just like two real, every day normal people, to Otis the lovable and politically incorrect town drunk, the best comic villian of all time Ernest T. Bass who wreaks havoc on the town by throwing rocks (played to manic perfection by Howard Morris who has also done much cartoon voice work and used to work on a comedy writing troupe with Carl Reiner, Jerry Lewis and others), Barney's over the top and insane ways of dealing with tense situations (Don Knotts is a great comic actor and times everything perfectly) and Andy just calmly dealing with everything, Barney and Andy trying to patch things up with Helen and Thelma Lou....just awesome. My parents introduced it to me when I was 13, we have STACKS of tapes we bought from Walmart back in '93 (the UAV tapes which while having a few cuts still all the original epilogues, the tapes and DVDs out now are terrible). Anyways, Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore, go jump in a lake. TAGS also blows away most modern sitcoms save for perhaps Seinfeld and Raymond.

2.Mystery Science Theater - 'Nuff said. This show, a plate of chicken wings and some beer and friends makes for a perfect evening of laughs. Mitchell! Rowsdower! Torgo! Chief! McCloud!

3.Babylon 5 Intelligent sci fi pre written like a long five chapter novel, brilliantly defined characters and multidimensional heroes who will make you mad sometimes and a villian who you will feel sorry for. Not to mention space battles and aliens that put Trek to shame and a final episode that will bring a tear to your eye.

4.Seinfeld - 'Nuff said "They're killing independent George!!!"

5.Everybody Loves Raymond - The constant whining and fighting between Ray and Debra can get a bit grating and old, and Ray can be a neurotic wimp but still very, very well written and funny. Plus Ya gotta love Brad Garett and Peter Boyle.

6.Futurama - If the Simpsons hadn't gone downhill so badly (though since Al Jean's return it has gotten better) this would be ranked below it. The voice acting of Billy West as Fry the dumb, lovable slacker delivery boy and John Di Maggio as Bender....'nuff said. Plus the other bazillion voices they do.

7.Simpsons

8.Sifl and Olly A fave of both me and nix my real life ND pal. Liam Lynch and Matt Croco's hilarious sock puppet skits and songwriting are excellent.

8 shows is enough for now.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 16 Nov 2004 at 04:41 PM.