Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Your 10 Favorite Shows Evar!

1. Your 10 Favorite Shows Evar!

Okay... at this moment, what are your top favorite shows of all time? List cartoons, anime series, I dont care. Go nuts. BUT IT HAS TO BE A TV SHOW! No miniseries or whatever! So that means no Band of Brothers!

01. The Sopranos - Simply the greatest show out there. I have all four seasons on DVD.
    02. Simpsons - small disclaimer, though - ONLY seasons 2-7. The rest make me want to kill myself.
    03. Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Undoubtedly one of the greatest shows there ever was, or ever will be.
    04. Jackass - My deep dark secret is that I love Jackass. It's always been one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. I would've given it a fucking Emmy, no doubt about it. Anyone know where I can get some torrents?
    05. Seinfeld - somewhat uneven but Seinfeld at its best is great TV. But nowadays Kramer annoys me more than anything else. George makes up for it though.
    06. Curb Your Enthusiasm - Ive only watched a bit but I really like what Ive seen, clearly, thats why its here.
    07. The Dave Chappelle Show - its just THAT DAMN GOOD folks. Best sketch comedy show ever, Id wager, although Im not quite sure theyve topped the Grace Jones "I WANT ALLI-GATA!" skit from In Living Color... okay, they did. With the Pee on You video.
    08. MacGyver - gotta give it props.
    09. Jeopardy - Okay, weird choice, but I watched this all the time as a kid, and even to this day I still watch it once or twice a week. It has contributed a lot to my thirst for knowledge and general worldliness. I plan on being on it one of these days.
    10. Behind the Music - Okay I havent watched this in a long long time but it was more addictive than crack when I used to watch it. We're talking, 7 or 8 hours in a row.

Honorable mention goes to Double Dare, because they ran through a fucking ear to get a flag. AN EAR!

And I know a lot of you have watched a lot more TV than me, so weigh in or die.

2. I like watching Jeopardy a lot too, actually. That and Futurama. Nothing else immediatly springs to mind.

3. Humm, I'm not sure I have 10 to list but I'll try,

Globe Trekker. This is currently the only show I go out of my way to watch.

Frontline. If there's anything else currently that I'll make a mental note to see it will be this.

NFL Broadcasts: not quite a TV show but I likes football. Too many commercials though.

Futurama. Funny.

Mystery Science Theatre 3000. I used to stay up late to catch this on brodcast TV many moons ago. Brilliant stuff.

Monty Pythons Flying Circus. I've never seen it brocasted, only on DVD, but it's a TV show and I like it.

Family Guy. Funny,

The Simpsons. Season 4 was thier best. I stoped watching at or during the 8th season.

Seinfield. I catch this every so often and is usually compelling enough to watch.

I used to watch Nova al the time as well, though for some reason I don't much anymore. It comes on in the daytime for one... I almost never watch daytime TV these days.
    o_O

4. 1. Dragnet (67-70) - I loved watching it a decade or so ago, and still love it to this day.
    2. Get Smart - See Above
    3. Dick Van Dyke Show - ditto
    4. Mork and Mindy - Robin Williams was brilliant, funny, and made the show a blast to watch.
    5. Inspector Gadget - Don Adams' voice was perfect for the role, and it's basically Get Smart in animation form, great stuff.
    6. The Simpsons - Although the earlier seasons have more great episodes than most current ones, they all have at least three or four fantastic ones. The show's fantastic casting helps it remain at least watchable, even during the worst shows. Although "Dude, Where's My Ranch" is the one possible execption.
    7. Taxi - The entire cast had great chemistry, and pretty much every episode was a hoot. Christopher Lloyd was brilliant, as was Andy Kaufman. Classic show.
    8. Dragnet (50s' version) - I'm amazed at what they got away with back then (an episode on child molestation, for example) and the acting, just like it was with the later Jack Webb incarnations, was realistic.
    9. Futurama - Great voice cast, insane, funny plots. Dazzling animation, just an all-around fantastic show.
    10. Tough call here, I'll go with...the Mary Tyler Moore show - The acting was a bit over-the-top, but the characters were funny, and somewhat believable in spite of the acting. Enjoyable show usually.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. 24. Well, season 1 and 2 of it.

6. In no order:

Chappelle Show: I fucking love this show. I think Chappelle is one of the funniest comics today and his show just proves it. Everything he talks about makes me laugh.

Futurama: possibly my favorite animated show to date. I love all the characters, the animation is stunning and there are a ton of great episodes.

South Park: The writing on this show is unreal. With such a fast turn around on making an episode (around 5 days to animate) they can do a show fast enough where the topic is running on the latest fucked up event in the world. Some foul language mixed with great characters has really changed what we see on tv. Also, the movie ruled.

American Chopper/Monster House/Monster Garage- My guilty pleasure. I'll lump 'em together because I can. I love seeing shit built and cars/houses/motorcycles are cool. Plus it's often funny and you can see people get pissed and yelled at.

Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn- a new favorite. A great idea (politics/current events and comics) that's often really funny and I like Quinn. Good shit, check it out if you haven't seen it.

Family Guy- it has it's ups and down but it's a great show. A mash between futurama and south park.

Malcom in the Middle- I've watched from the beginning and have seen just about all of them. Really well made show that's a fun ride with all the fucked up characters. Classic disfunctional family tv.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge- it's perfect for when nothing better is on, or you're with friends, partying, whatever. People getting hurt is funny and the dub makes it even better. I want to see more Japanese game shows.

Nip/Tuck- God damn I love this show. Super high production values, great cast, awesome idea, fucked up plots, my "drama" pick. I can't wait for season 2. I'm hooked.

Cowboy Bebop- to round it out I'll include this. Hands down my favorite anime. Again, awesome characters and writing. Quality dub, awesome animation and style, and music and direction that is often inspiring (I'm thinking of the church scene in Ballad of Fallen Angels to be specific). I wish it was a longer series.

7. 1. South Park
    2. Sopranos
    3. Simpsons
    4. Six Feet Under
    5. Seinfeld
    6. Real Time with Bill Maher
    7. Politically Incorrect
    8. Chappelle's Show
    9. Beavis and Butthead
    10. Highlander

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. 1 The Simpsons
    2 Mystery Science Theatre 3000
    3 Mr Show
    4 Evangelion
    5 (tie) Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Brak Show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Sealab 2021 (they all share talent)
    6 South Park
    7 Futurama
    8 Cowboy Bebop
    9 Samurai Jack
    10 Batman: The Animated Series
    pwned by Ivan

9. Batman: TAS is a good mention. I'd agree with MacGyver too. I was thinking of what a bitch it must have been to write for that show. First you gotta figure out a good (and new) way to get him stuck, and then get him out of using only a snorkle, and water melon and a tuning fork. Got some scientists working on that show. Catchy theme song too.

10. Im wondering about the lack of Jackass love...

There must be something really wrong with me. I cant be the ONLY one who thinks its one of the best shows in television history.... right?