Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cartoon

1. New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cartoon

http://www.toonzone.net

4Kids To Produce and Launch New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series

Company To Serve As Exclusive Global Merchandise Licensing Representative For The Property Set To Air On The Recently Acquired 4Kids Entertainment Saturday Morning Kids Block On Fox

NEW YORK--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--May 7, 2002-- 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: KDE - news) and Mirage Licensing, Inc., the holder of the rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, announced today that 4Kids will produce twenty-six (26) episodes of a new animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series.

The new Ninja Turtles series is scheduled to premiere in the first quarter of 2003 on the Fox Saturday Morning Block programmed by 4Kids. In addition to producing the television series, 4Kids will also serve as the exclusive merchandise licensing agent for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property worldwide.

"We are delighted to be working with Peter Laird, the co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, to introduce the Ninja Turtles to a new generation of fans," said Al Kahn, Chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment. "The Ninja Turtles property enjoys worldwide popularity and we expect the new Ninja Turtles series to be must see TV for kids around the globe. There has always been tremendous interest in the Turtles and we expect that the master toy licensee, Playmates Toys, Inc., will quickly be joined by other leading children's merchandise companies around the globe in supporting the re-launch of the Ninja Turtles."

"We are thrilled to partner with 4Kids to produce a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series," said Gary Richardson, CEO of Mirage. "4Kids has established itself as a leading producer of quality children's entertainment with such shows as Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! at the top of the children's television ratings. 4Kids also enjoys a stellar reputation as a leading merchandise licensing agent."

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created in May 1984 when Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman published a forty page black and white comic book. The original Ninja Turtles animated series debuted in 1987. It was the #1 children's television show throughout the late 1980's and early `90's. Ninja Turtles merchandise licensees, including master toy licensee Playmates Toys and videogame licensee Konami were also enormously successful, selling in excess of $1 billion in sales at retail for toys, videogames and other merchandise within all product categories.

"In reintroducing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I am pleased to say that 4Kids will be going back to the Turtles' comic book roots," said Peter Laird, co-creator of the Turtles. "We anticipate that the new Ninja Turtles series will contain the same irreverent contemporary humor and compelling action sequences that the Turtles are famous for, updated for the 21st century."

2. Yay, I guess. Did you hear the rumour that John Woo wants to do a new Turtles movie all cgi and keeping in tone with the original comic (which I've read is nothing like the cartoon, really hard stuff)? I read it on AICN. Anyone ever read the original comics?

3. sweet news.

April Oneal was hot :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. The original comic was all in black and white, though on the cover they all had red bandanas, instead of different color ones like in the cartoon. The plot was basically the same as the cartoon, but more serious / violent. Well drawn too. I remember my friend collecting it when it first came out.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. "Heroes in a half-shell, TURTLE POWER!!!!"

Great news, gonna hafta check it out. Hopefully its harder-hitting and more mature than the original series
    omg TNL epics!

6. Well, In recent interview, John Woo said that they still working on the script for that TMNT film, and his company will be producing it, when everything is ready. Hopefully this project will come through.

I would really love to see more dark/violent version of TMNT. They dont have weapons for nothing, you know

7. The Turtles comic is VASTLY different from the cartoon. Much more violent, but it had the same sense of humor the cartoon did. To point out how different, the Turtles assassinate Shredder in the first issue, if I remember correctly. He comes back later, but gets decapitated by Leonardo. The current series is just as good as the old one, and is on issue #3 now.

8. A new cartoon...damn, why can't they let this franchise die already? Didn't they get a clue from the failure of the live-action series?

The days of "cowabunga" are long gone now...

9. No! The TMNT days aren't over yet!

This news brought a smile to my face.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

10. Now if they'd only track down the original voices (at least Leonardo's ), I would be very, very happy.