Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More DS Details Reported by IGN

Mega Drive More DS Details Reported by IGN

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Backward Compatible
    Nintendo has remained very hush-hush about whether or not the DS portable, which will be positioned as the "third pillar" next to GameCube and Game Boy Advance, will actually be able to play current GBA software. However, insiders out of Japan have told IGN that the device in fact will be backward compatible with Nintendo's handheld and fully able to play GBA software.

Touch Screen
    The Nintendo DS features not one, but two screens. According to insiders, at least one of the LCDs will in fact be a "touch screen," or capable of receiving and transmitting input from fingers and pens by the touch. It is not known if the device will also ship with a stylus for tablet-like functionality.

No More Wires
    The DS will feature high-speed wireless support. Though it's currently unclear what standard Nintendo will adopt for the DS, we're certain that it will utilize technology similiar to what it has just released on the Game Boy Advance in Japan.

The Issue of Price
    Nothing confirmed, but at least one source alleges that the Nintendo DS would retail for approximately $129 in Japan, just slightly more expensive than what the GBA retails for in that market. No word on American or European prices.

Contradictory Reports
    It gets a little iffy here. We've heard both that the DS will feature N64-like graphics and that it will deliver mostly 2D sprite-based graphics. Both come from historically reliable sources.

Cartridges Quicker, Cheaper
    The DS cartridges feature memory technology by Matrix Semiconductor. This will allow Nintendo to produce cartridges far more quickly and cheaply than what the company is able to do with the Game Boy Advance. Currently third parties must manufacture GBA carts at costs from six to 10 dollars a unit depending on size and save RAM.

No Kits in the US Yet
    When Nintendo announced the DS in January most North American developers were as surprised to hear about it as everyone else. This week several developers told IGN that Nintendo said "kits are on the way."

Japanese developers have been working with DS hardware since last year.
    http://cube.ign.com/articles/491/491...html?fromint=1

Japanese developers have been working with DS hardware since last year.
    =O

Those sneaky bastards. They're probably almost done with 3-4 soccer games by now.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. ugh,

It looks like Nintendo sees it suits the market better to have a bunch of accessories float around the Gamecube for the next couple of years then just make ONE really good console. I await screenshots!

4. Touch screen would be awesome!!!!!!! Although I have no idea why...
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I know why. You can sexually abuse pokemon that way!

6. in the ass again...

7. Again? Is there anything you'd like to share with us DJ?

Then again, how about you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    It looks like Nintendo sees it suits the market better to have a bunch of accessories float around the Gamecube for the next couple of years then just make ONE really good console. I await screenshots!
    Nothing wrong with the console, it's certainly better then the PS2.

Complain about games, the hardware's great.

9. Looks more like a wish list to me....

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Again? Is there anything you'd like to share with us DJ?

Then again, how about you don't.
    as you wish sensai.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Nothing wrong with the console, it's certainly better then the PS2.

Complain about games, the hardware's great.
    I believe this.